Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working during the lc

• 09-11-2010 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

how many of ye guys are working part time jobs while trying to study? anyone finding the pressure too much? currently working friday evening 4-8 (finish school at 3.30) and then sundays 12-6 i have saturdays off and i do supervised study then which is good but i dont feel im getting as much done as my friends :S should i quit my job and be financially broke for the rest of the year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You shouldn't be working during LC. Do you want the grades or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

Honestly it's up to yourself. I'm working saturdays myself but giving it up after christmas.
    It's grand to get the break from study even if it is to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭sh4128

how much study is everyone doing at the weekends? im getting in roughly 8 hours but that is including homework :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Please don't tell me you're doing 8 hours on Saturday AND on Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

I honestly think everyone should chill. 8 hours is still 4 hours a day. Which is loads imo at this stage. Coming up to mocks and the lc its not enough but its only november! Don't burn yourself out:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 workingstudent

i'm still working too..friday 5.30-9.30 and sunday 7-9.30..working the odd saturday night too...doing saturday study aswell 9-1.
    ideally id love not to have to work but i hate asking my parents for money as they cant really afford it all the time..i seem to spend most of the money i earn too with credit,goin out,clothes r getting my hair done...will prob keep it up till near enough to the exams :confused:
    the sooner this leaving cert is over the better!!!!!

i'm still working too..friday 5.30-9.30 and sunday 7-9.30..working the odd saturday night too...doing saturday study aswell 9-1.
    ideally id love not to have to work but i hate asking my parents for money as they cant really afford it all the time..i seem to spend most of the money i earn too with credit,goin out,clothes r getting my hair done...will prob keep it up till near enough to the exams :confused:
    the sooner this leaving cert is over the better!!!!!

someone in my shoes at last!! im doin stuy 9-4 with breaks so ends up at 5 n a half hours n then i do about 2.5-3 hours on a sunday so works out at 8 hours.. i cant ask my parents for money most of my wages goes to buying stuff for skool this year especially all those stupid revision books and grinds :( i think we shud be paid to do the leaving cert haha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 workingstudent

sh4128 wrote: »
    i think we shud be paid to do the leaving cert haha:D
    wouldnt that be great!!....
    doing about 2-3 hours when i come home from sat study(sometimes) and started doind some study on a sunday bout 2 nd a half hours...the weekend dont seem like a break anymore though..go to work fri evening..study sat morning..wrecked by the evening..bit more study sun then work and school monday morning:(...i hardly ever get to go out any more either!..not happy about that!!!!

wouldnt that be great!!....
    doing about 2-3 hours when i come home from sat study(sometimes) and started doind some study on a sunday bout 2 nd a half hours...the weekend dont seem like a break anymore though..go to work fri evening..study sat morning..wrecked by the evening..bit more study sun then work and school monday morning:(...i hardly ever get to go out any more either!..not happy about that!!!!

someone else who has my life haha i dont even look forward to the weekends!:L guidance counciller told me working gives you independance and it will help you in life .. but what do they know ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Vanessa94

Im exactly on the same boat.. come home from school at about 4:30 nd rush our to work till about 7 and back in at 10:30 till about midtime.. its alright though becaus ei work with my parents but work saturday night too andfinding it really hard to get homework done and then study on top of that! the stress of this whole year makes me sick :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement