Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water in Salthill?

Options
  • 09-11-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey,

We have just turned on the tap here at home and the water seems to have white particles in it which condense and float to the top. Very weird! Anybody have any idea what this might be? We live on Lenaboy avenue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

That sometimes happens if water has been switched off for a while, I think it has something to do with lime?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

possibly but my girlfriend has been home all day and we have only seen this now and we haven't had the water shut off.

The galway city council website mentioned a water main burst in Rahoon but i doubt we are on that water main.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

brozio7 wrote: »
    The galway city council website mentioned a water main burst in Rahoon but i doubt we are on that water main.

Ya, you are connected to that. Just run the taps for a bit to flush the pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

cheers, its seems to have cleared up now. Thanks:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Areas of Knocknacarra suffered water loss yeaterday due to a burst pipe in Westside, where the road works are taking place.

I'm sure we can expect lots of water shortages and electicity outages, in the future due to these large works that are taking place.

Thats what me friend in the council said. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HotDogger

Same problem up on the auld taylors hill. Was drinking my coffee this morning and noticed that it tasted extra extra ****ty.

I ran the tap for about 20 minutes and then filled a jug. Still all white. Just wait till the Tri-methyl-ethylbenzene settles I guess. :rolleyes:

Is there some site I can go to that will tell me in real time when there won't be lead or cow poo coming out of the taps?

Ah feck it, there will always be poo coming out of the taps. Place is run by goddam retards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

HotDogger wrote: »
    Same problem up on the auld taylors hill. Was drinking my coffee this morning and noticed that it tasted extra extra ****ty.

I ran the tap for about 20 minutes and then filled a jug. Still all white. Just wait till the Tri-methyl-ethylbenzene settles I guess. :rolleyes:

Is there some site I can go to that will tell me in real time when there won't be lead or cow poo coming out of the taps?

Ah feck it, there will always be poo coming out of the taps. Place is run by goddam retards.

Agree completely. I'm in Kingston and count myself lucky when I have ****ty water. For the last few years, we've had such low pressure that nearly every day the house is virtually dry. At this stage, I'm so pi**ed off with it that I'm looking into how to frame legal action against the City Council. It seems that this will be the only way that they will take this seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

People have been way to laid back about the crap we've had to put up with with our water for the last few years. Imagine if Dublin had lost its water supply like we did a few years ago. There wouldve been uproar.It would never have been off the news.We obviously just aren't the type for marches or protests etc but I really hope people will have the sense to make it an election issue here next time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HotDogger

Talked to yer man over at the council... he told me that it was a bunch of eastern europeans that bussed over from Dublin, or no wait, t'was a UFO... no, I know... they cracked a pipe over at some make-work project in Westside... it's all fixed now though. Fine to drink. Nothing wrong with the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

HotDogger wrote: »
    Talked to yer man over at the council... he told me that it was a bunch of eastern europeans that bussed over from Dublin, or no wait, t'was a UFO... no, I know... they cracked a pipe over at some make-work project in Westside... it's all fixed now though. Fine to drink. Nothing wrong with the water.

I could pretty much put money on my water still being at low to pretty much no pressure though. Last year they dug a hole outside my house, fitted a new stopcock, and changed low pressure to no pressure! I then had to get a builder to fix what they broke - they'd blocked my pipes with dirt and rubble!

I'd welcome the UFO - they might have the technology needed to supply water!

• Advertisement
Advertisement