Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting an Apartment - Bills

Options
  • 09-11-2010 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at moving out of the family house next year and am currently trying to work out the costs.

So far got:
    Rent
    TV & Internet
    TV License

But when it comes to a standard 3 bed apartment how much would heating, electricity & waste removal be?(roughly)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭n900guy

I'm looking at moving out of the family house next year and am currently trying to work out the costs.

So far got:
    Rent
    TV & Internet
    TV License

But when it comes to a standard 3 bed apartment how much would heating, electricity & waste removal be?(roughly)

Dpends on

1. Energy efficiency
    2. Gas heating?
    3? Electric heating?
    4. Good electric heating or crappy electric heating?

I'd say include €120-140/month on a 3-bed to have a margin of error for a 3-bed apartment. Costs can vary hugely depending on the apartment, size, floor it's own, insulation, gas or electric, etc., .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Waste removal should be free for you, you do not pay the management fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 triskellion

gurramok wrote: »
    Waste removal should be free for you, you do not pay the management fees.

Not necessarily true. Depends on block agreement. There are cases where each apartment will have its own bins which are taken care of by the occupants.
    OP should budget for bins anyway, just to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Er why do you want a 3 bed apartment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Not necessarily true. Depends on block agreement. There are cases where each apartment will have its own bins which are taken care of by the occupants.
    OP should budget for bins anyway, just to be on the safe side.

I was obviously referring to common waste sheds :) I've never come across the above yet in apt complexes i;ve lived in nor from people i know in other developments, just saying its not that common :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

gurramok wrote: »
    I was obviously referring to common waste sheds :) I've never come across the above yet in apt complexes i;ve lived in nor from people i know in other developments, just saying its not that common :)

Eh just choose an apartment with it included. Shouldnt be too hard , as stated Ive not come across any yet without inclusion of waste.. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

tbh the hardest bit will probably be the first few bills, they usually include security deposits (depending on your payment options/the company- i think bord gais can be up to 400euro deposit if you're a new customer not paying by DD) and then theres instillation fees too with some companies. its hard because you've got all these quite high costs at the same time. but once the service is installed/set up, you're paying regular bills and you'll be grand. there wont be many surprises or unusually high costs.

and then theres the initial one off costs when you first move in, for instance if theres a few bits and bobs missing-eg. cooking utensils, storage, things to make it your own.

i honestly couldnt tell you the regular costs of bills etc. but just wanted to suggest you have a few bob to spare for the first few months. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

syklops wrote: »
    Er why do you want a 3 bed apartment?

Er cause there's three of us

Thanks for everyone elses input just trying to get ball park figures.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Refuse EUR 60 a month
    ESB EUR 100-150 a month
    Gas EUR 100 a month
    TV-Internet-Phone (NTL/UPC) EUR 50 a month

Etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Rent
    Gas/Electricity or both
    TV - UPC/SKY etc
    Internet

You don't have to pay for waste removal in an apartment, if you do you are getting scammed.
    Just don't answer the door and you won't have to pay the TV licence!

• Advertisement
Advertisement