Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive carefully

Options
  • 09-11-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

Having read the charter at CornBB's suggestion I would like to try my last thread again. :D

If you are driving at 90mph with a board strapped to the roof with a soft rack (particularly silver 2010 D Opel Insignias on the ennis - limerick motorway on sunday afternoon on your way home from Lahinch), you are endangering your own and others' lives. Please use common sense on the roads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Ever wonder what would happen if you were tearing down a motorway and you board flies off the roof of the car and smashing into the car behind you :eek:

Will you be covered by insurance and could you be charged with criminal negligence

Worth thinking about if you have a dodgy roofrack or you use old rotten straps to fit the boards on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

rodento wrote: »
    Ever wonder what would happen if you were tearing down a motorway and you board flies off the roof of the car and smashing into the car behind you :eek:

Will you be covered by insurance and could you be charged with criminal negligence

Worth thinking about if you have a dodgy roofrack or you use old rotten straps to fit the boards on
    Didn't you have a luck escape with your boards?

My roofrack was blown clean off the car travelling at 100km down a motorway, board was caught by a strong cross wind.

If there had been a car behind me, chance's are someone would have been killed.

Bottom line was I would have been personally liable for any damaged caused and could have ended up in jail, for driving with a longboard on my roof with cross winds like that

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

rodento wrote: »
    My roofrack was blown clean off the car travelling at 100km down a motorway, board was caught by a strong cross wind.

If there had been a car behind me, chance's are someone would have been killed.

Bottom line was I would have been personally liable for any damaged caused and could have ended up in jail, for driving with a longboard on my roof with cross winds like that

How was the board after?

Grand, sent her down to Glide to get the nose fixed:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Having read the charter at CornBB's suggestion I would like to try my last thread again. :D

If you are driving at 90mph with a board strapped to the roof with a soft rack (particularly silver 2010 D Opel Insignias on the ennis - limerick motorway on sunday afternoon on your way home from Lahinch), you are endangering your own and others' lives. Please use common sense on the roads.

Please use common sense and get a real roof rack. I see so many newbies transporting their boards with soft racks, these things are useless. Proper racks are a bit more expensive but safe and easily swapped on and off the car.

Another thing i see fellas doing is putting their boards on the roof fins down, nose in the air. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Please use common sense and get a real roof rack. I see so many newbies transporting their boards with soft racks, these things are useless. Proper racks are a bit more expensive but safe and easily swapped on and off the car.

Another thing i see fellas doing is putting their boards on the roof fins down, nose in the air. Mental.
    If you have an estate with roof rail Lidl had roof racks for 35 quid a few weeks back. The Lidl opposite Marley park still have some bet others do a swell

Advertisement