Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling.

Options
  • 09-11-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

So, I was going to save up for a 1090T and an NH-D14, but now I'm thinking I'd like to try my hand at watercooling, after reading some more about it.

I'd like to do watercooling because I plan on Overclocking the living sh!te out of the 1090T, but I'm wondering about the cost.Also, how hard is it to set up a custom loop (none of that H50/70 sh!te)?

EDIT: Soli, please delete this, I've looked at the prices for a simple block and it's very expensive, no thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yup, a couple of hundred for most basic CPU+GPU loops :o Only place with decent, cheap WC gear this side of the Atlantic is Pixmania ironically, but they make it all back with ludicrous shipping charges :(:(

I'm leaving this up with a note: watercooling and other esoteric cooling solutions are more the province of Tweaking & Modding ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

yeah it would cost in the range of 400 plus for anything even semi-decent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Solitaire wrote: »
    Yup, a couple of hundred for most basic CPU+GPU loops :o

I'm leaving this up with a note: watercooling and other esoteric cooling solutions are more the province of Tweaking & Modding ;)

Yeah, I'm just gonna stick with my original plan of getting a D14 with the 1090T (might also save up and get a HAF X or something else beastly).

Generally only Lunacy Booth and custom SFF builds ever need to cross into the dark and murky sphere of watercooling; most enthusiast builds are plenty happy on Big Air ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Yeah, I'm just gonna stick with my original plan of getting a D14 with the 1090T (might also save up and get a HAF X or something else beastly).

Booooooooooooooo.:(:(:(
    I have just recently spent silly money on wc and was hoping i could compare notes.

Mind you,you should still be able to oc the 1090T within an inch of its life with the D14.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

game4it70 wrote: »
    I have just recently spent silly money on wc and was hoping i could compare notes.

Mind you,you should still be able to oc the 1090T within an inch of its life with the D14.:rolleyes:

Ah well :D

I still will OC the sh!t out of it, up to reasonable temperatures of course :D

game4it70 wrote: »

Don't worry, I'll still be WCing once I get the money together :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

yeah me too, have all my parts picked out already! dont even need it really but i enjoy these kind of projects

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Solitaire wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'll still be WCing once I get the money together :o:D
    :D
    indough wrote: »
    yeah me too, have all my parts picked out already! dont even need it really but i enjoy these kind of projects
    :D:D

Nice one lads.

Advertisement