Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog fosterer

Options
  • 09-11-2010 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

This is probably a very strange request, but I was hoping to take up a volunteer project in the new year until early summer. However I have a small dog who unfortunately I couldnt take with me but I also couldnt bear to have her adopted, so I was wondering do people "foster" dogs on a slightly longer basis? Anyone ideas of where I might look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Fostering is usually for rescue dogs that have no where to go and the volunteer is sometimes help with vet bills and dog food by a rescue and sometimes has to foot the bill themselves, I think a dog minder would be the way to go though.
    You might be able to work out a deal that you pay a fixed amount a week to the minder and you would also have to pay any vet bills.
    Some dog kennels do long term stays but be careful who you leave your dog with and perhaps ensure a family member can look in on the dog now and then to make sure the dog is ok.

Advertisement