Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Jobseeker's Allowance - is it contributory or non-contributory?

• 09-11-2010 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

I've scoured the net to try figure this out, but nothing could explain it to me. I'm sure it's probably a ridiculously obvious answer. However, I don't know what is meant, in regards to JSA, by contributory or non-contributory. How do I find out which of those two types of JSA I'm receiving?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Where do you see it - JSA, being contributory or non-contributory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

snubbleste wrote: »
    Where do you see it - JSA, being contributory or non-contributory?

Medical Card renewal form, Part 3B "Income from All Allowances and Pensions"

Type of Pension or Allowance:
    Allowance or Pension Number:
    Contributory or Non-Contributory:
    Weekly Amount:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭wench

JobSeeker's Allowance is non contributory and means tested, JobSeeker's Benefit is contributory based on your stamps paid while in employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

wench wrote: »
    JobSeeker's Allowance is non contributory and means tested, JobSeeker's Benefit is contributory based on your stamps paid while in employment.

Perfect, thank you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What wench said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

wench wrote: »
    Based on your PRSI contributions, stamps are gone since the mid 1970s:)

Advertisement