Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need help with a bluetooth keyboard:(

• 09-11-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

i got a logitech mediaboard pro and a usb bluetooth dongle and i cant get it to work the way i want. i keep having to add it in the bluetooth devices list which is crazy cos i need the wired mouse and keyboard to do this. am i doing something wrong cos i got it working perfectly by adding->searching->right clicking to properties and loading the driver but then when i reboot back into windows it doesn't work:(

do i need to turn it off or something or have it on while windows boots up? or press a reset button or something? i have xp installed. should it see it and start working straight away after windows loads. i know the bios wont see it but i thought xp should be fine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Historically, only PS/2 mice & keyboards had to be plugged in before you started the computer. Later, USB ones could be plugged in or removed at any time while windows was up & running. With bluetooth, devices are usually paired together, so that when they become visible to eachother, they automatically connect.

In your case, you have a bluetooth dongle that should do most of the work for you (I don't get enough monies or time to play about with everything, so most of this will be an assumption!). I would have imagined that Windows would install & use the bluetooth dongle as a bluetooth adapter, to which you could connect anything bluetooth, including the keyboard. The keyboard would then be paired to the computer as a peripheral device, and become active once it was powered on and visible to the computer. So it might be just a case of turning off & on the keyboard / reset button when windows starts, or just turn it on after you hit the logon screen. Might just need to play around with it till you get it.

There's a chance also that windows simply isn't starting the bluetooth device until after you've logged in. What can i say, wireless anything can be a pain in the ass. Except wireless networking. I've never had too much of a problem with that! I know you were trying to avoid bloat, but have a go at installing the logitech software that came with it, see if it does any magic!

Advertisement