Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermal imaging

Options
  • 09-11-2010 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has had this done to their house, and was it worth it? Need to insulate the house more but not sure if we need to do walls or loft (already done, but not sure if it's done properly) and I think the thermal imagining shows you where the greatest heat loss is....

And if any of you have had it done, can you recommend a reliable company in the city/county?

(Have also posted this on the county galway thread, not sure if you're allowed to do that!? But as I'm only in Athenry I figure a city based company might come out here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

I had this done early in the year, mainly to help trace a hot water leak but also heat loss in the walls, windows, roof etc. I found it useful and the guy who did it was very helpful.
    http://www.sharpscan.ie/

PM me if you want any more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'll probably get a lot of answers in BER.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sunshinyday

Yea as stated, alot of BER assessors have thermal imaging equipment. I had it done and the findings were logical but impressive.

Guy that did my BER would reccomend, drop me a pm if you wish to contact him.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Thanks, your replies are helpful, esp the BER link which I would never have found!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement