Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freeview in ballyshannon?

• 09-11-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,590 ✭✭✭✭

any body know if you can recive free view in ballyshannon. Need to know if it's worth my while picking up a box. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It depends on where about in Ballyshannon you are. It works for some, mostly those at the top of the town. Lower down, obstructions can lower signal too much.

What's your analogue BBC/UTV etc like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,590 ✭✭✭✭ted1

im on market street. Half way up the hill. The channels are alright. I use a booster with an arial. Thanks. Hopefully i'll get a good signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

clear channel4 pic usually does it i have a snowy one and dont get the uk freeview channels (in donegal town)

byte

You might have a chance on Market St. Hope it works out for you.

I don't know of anyone in Donegal Town with Freeview, with maybe an exception for a few out at St. Ernans or the hilltop past Ballydevitt is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,590 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I picked up a stb in ASDA. I've tuned in most of the channels. but am missing a few like channel 4 (i've a pefect reception from analog, which will do for true blood tonight). I reckon that as soon as the weather returns to normal i'll be able to tune in all the ones i'm missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

byte wrote: »
    You might have a chance on Market St. Hope it works out for you.

I don't know of anyone in Donegal Town with Freeview, with maybe an exception for a few out at St. Ernans or the hilltop past Ballydevitt is good.

i do just up the hill from me !
    although technically not in the town i suppose

byte

i do just up the hill from me !
    although technically not in the town i suppose
    Ooh. Interesting.

Sadly, for me, I'm lucky to get Saorview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Bit off-topic, but I know Byte knows his stuff on this topic (and the tech forum guys scare me:o)- for those of us who can't get Freeview and rely on FTA/Freesat, is it possible to get Freesat and Saorview in the one stb?

byte

deemark wrote: »
    Bit off-topic, but I know Byte knows his stuff on this topic (and the tech forum guys scare me:o)- for those of us who can't get Freeview and rely on FTA/Freesat, is it possible to get Freesat and Saorview in the one stb?
    Yes, you can atm. Though not to full potential.

MVision and Technomate, for example do combo boxes, that have both MPEG4 DTT and HD Satellite tuners.

However, they fail by not having a full 7 day programme listing or "red button interactivity", like Freesat branded boxes, or indeed Saorview compliant boxes.

At this moment in time, I don't know of any box that has ALL the features for both Freesat and Saorview in one.

Advertisement