Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Part time work while signing on?

• 09-11-2010 9:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭

I'm waiting on my claim to be processed and have secured a job on saturday and sundays. Am i still allowed claim SW? and is sunday a 'free' day to work?
    real confused..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

david75 wrote: »
    I'm waiting on my claim to be processed and have secured a job on saturday and sundays. Am i still allowed claim SW? and is sunday a 'free' day to work?
    real confused..

Yes - you will be on casual job seeker's allowance (presuming you qualify) and will have 1/6th of it deducted each week for working on a Saturday. You fill out a yellow slip each week and are required to drop it in to your local SWO once a week (instead of signing on once a month). Payment will be by cheque in the post, normally arriving Tuesdays. You must note that you work Sundays, but it is as you say a "free" day, and you will not lose another 1/6th. I am unsure whether you now need to update the social welfare on your job status or wait until you qualify- maybe someone else can answer this for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

First of all, congrats on getting some work! Its not easy to come by!!!!

Anyways, Pop into your local SW office and notify them that you have got some casual work, and that you want to be put on Casual JSA. This will mean that you will have to fill out the yellow slips once a week and drop them into the office. By doing this, you no longer have to sign on once a month.

You will be putting an X for Monday - Friday and an O for Saturday and Sunday.

They way it is worked (for now anyway, god knows what the next budget will bring) is that the rate you are entitled to (we'll say €196.00 for now) is divided into 6. As you are not working 5 days, you'll be entitled to 5 days JSA = €163 approx. They may take your Saturday wages into account as means, but it won't affect your payment too much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Thats cool, thanks for your help with that :)

Advertisement