Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dates...any help would be great...:)

Options
  • 09-11-2010 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hiyas,

I found out i was pregnant about 7 weeks ago. Going by my last periods the doctors put me at 12 weeks and 3 days.

I had 3 early scans because i was bleeding alot and was worried. My last scan i had was at 7 weeks and 6 days - doctors time - and the scan actually put me at 6 weeks and 6 days. Putting me a week back.

The reason i ask this question is because i was with 2 different fellas around the same time and im trying to get as much info as i can because im really getting streesed about it.

I know i was stupid and i really regret a mistake i made, but just wondered if anyone could help me out.

I dont have regular periods they can be anything between 23 days to 35 days and i dont know when i ovulate.

Should i go by my period dates or the scan dates?

The dates i slept with the fellas are the 18th of august, 25th august, 4th, 5th and 6th of sep.

Any info or advice would be great.

Thanks so much...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Go with your scan dates, especially if the three of them were pretty consistent; period dates are unreliable, not just because yours vary so much, but also because a woman doesn't always ovulate in the middle of her cycle and/ or 14 days after her last period started.

This means the September dates are much more likely to be the conception dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Definately scan dates. Fetal measurements are very accurate wheras an irregular period would be a very unreliable way of dating a pregnancy.

If there is any doubt for you about who the father is, I really think you should consider telling both candidates that there is a possibilty of them being the baby's father, but thats a whole other issue...

I hope everything works out for the best for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Skadi

A normal period is 28 days with you conceiving on the 14th day.

Pregnancy dates are taken from the first day of your last period, so when you conceive you are classed as being 2 weeks already.

So if you were 7wks today then it would have been 5wks ago when you got pregnant.

Advertisement