Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioenergy healer Cyril Childs

Options
  • 09-11-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,not sure if this post belongs here:confused:. I was wondering if anyone had heard of Cyril Childs,he deals with people suffering from Cancer and has his own methods of healing.I know feck all about him only a friend of mine who has Cancer has been given his number and wants to have a meeting with him. The thing is i'm not sure if he's genuine or <snip>. I can't seem to find anything on the Internet about him.

If you know anyone who has used him please let me know. He is based in Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ehhh... try the Science forums =]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

<snip>

Ditto.
    FunkZ wrote: »
    Ehhh... try the Science forums =]

Paranormal forum tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Hi,not sure if this post belongs here:confused:. I was wondering if anyone had heard of Cyril Childs,he deals with people suffering from Cancer and has his own methods of healing.I know feck all about him only a friend of mine who has Cancer has been given his number and wants to have a meeting with him. The thing is i'm not sure if he's genuine or just a con manm. I can't seem to find anything on the Internet about him.

If you know anyone who has used him please let me know. He is based in Dublin.

Thanks

Tell your friend to consult her oncologist about it, ye know, the guy that spent a decade + learning how to treat cancer. <snip>. Bioenergy for cancer? Sounds like faith healing with fancy science words.

Edit: I googled bioenergy and from there 'the Bengston Method'. It is faith healing/ a pyramid scheme. Give the guys number to the cops and/or the Irish Medical Council http://www.medicalcouncil.ie/.

I hope your friend get's better.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Eh, I'm going to bump this to Paranormal. They have a subforum for Psychics and mediums so maybe this should go there too.
    From AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

If he doesn't charge, I'd say 'Why not?, Give it a go.' It may triggger the placebo effect.

If he's looking money, I'd shy away.

Edit; This is probably the guy you're looking for...http://www.iol.ie/~rdillon/bioenergy.htm

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I think bio energy is somewhat similar to reiki healing. Never heard of that guy you mention, so cant comment. The benefits of any such healing are hotly debated, but genuine well meaning people do practice this stuff. People going through tough times do get benefit from it, whether its down to placebo or not. Obviously its should only be used in addition to conventional therapies, avoid any healer who guarantees results or tells you to quit any regular medical treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Just tell your friend to keep going with the conventional therapy, as this is the kind of intervention with a track record of saving people's lives. If they want to see someone like this, then ensure that they don't spend much/any money on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shekinah

Hi,
    yes I know Cyril Childs and have been to him for a few sessions over the years. He is very good, much better than your regular reiki healer type..definitely has something and is genuine. If you or someone close has cancer.. do follow conventional therapy and also see what else can help and complement the healing of the illness in the complementary field. Use the noodle.. go with your gut instinct on this. Good luck best Shekinah:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ckaand

shekinah wrote: »
    Hi,
    yes I know Cyril Childs and have been to him for a few sessions over the years. He is very good, much better than your regular reiki healer type..definitely has something and is genuine. If you or someone close has cancer.. do follow conventional therapy and also see what else can help and complement the healing of the illness in the complementary field. Use the noodle.. go with your gut instinct on this. Good luck best Shekinah:)
    I was just wondering if you had contact details for cyril childs. My sister has been give a couple of months to live she has cancer and has 2 children under 6. I would appreciate it if you could

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭HappyTuesday

Sorry for your sister, but this Cyril guy will be a complete waste of her time. It may give her (false) hope though and may make her a bit happy, but if bioenergy worked don't you think there would be a bio energy ward in every hospital, with no need for chemo or pharmaceuticals?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ckaand

Thanks for your thoughts. When the conventional methods dont seem to work what is wrong with trying different methods. When things are very grave what is so wrong with having some hope.Things for my sistercant get any worse so if giving someone a glimmer of hope and they believe enough it may lift the spirits and give the person a little more fight. After all how do miracles happen!
    I know what i am talking about My father was given 6-12 months after therapy 4 1/2 years ago. His faith was in Saint Charles (was not saint charles at the time) and my father lived for 3 1/2 years after his first diagnosis. If he gave up hope/faith I and my family would not have had the extra 2 1/2 years with him. So I am grateful for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

This thread is making me both sad and angry at the same time.

While I understand that anything feels like it's worth a shot when there is no hope left, some things just don't work. <snip>

I'd suggest your friend get some counselling instead. I'm sure that knowing that hs/she is going to die can't be easy to accept but I think that it should be accepted and dealt with instead of putting his/her faith in a charlatan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Hi,

How much does he charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 thegspot

Hi,

there's a healer in Leixlip, she is very good and doesn't charge but accepts donations. Not sure if its Bio Energy she does but have heard really good reports on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 deemul

thegspot wrote: »
    there's a healer in Leixlip, she is very good and doesn't charge but accepts donations. Not sure if its Bio Energy she does but have heard really good reports on her.

I've heard of this woman. From what I hear she's very good. There's another guy in Monesterevin I think it is. Cant remember his name. He only works with baby's now with colic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

unfortunately there isn't an energy/metaphysics forum on boards so when you post a question like this you have to deal with a lot of negative left-brain prisoners who will do everything in their power to disprove/debunk things like this.

i have no knowledge of this individual but i have worked with energy for years and can tell you that it is possible to achieve healing on a deep level.

as with traditional western medicine there are no guarantees but if this person has been recommended to your friend then i would encourage them to give it a try. energy work is not for everyone but that can only be discerned by the individual when they actually experience it for themselves.

i hope this helps.

lolo62 wrote: »
    unfortunately there isn't an energy/metaphysics forum on boards so when you post a question like this you have to deal with a lot of negative left-brain prisoners who will do everything in their power to disprove/debunk things like this.

i have no knowledge of this individual but i have worked with energy for years and can tell you that it is possible to achieve healing on a deep level.

as with traditional western medicine there are no guarantees but if this person has been recommended to your friend then i would encourage them to give it a try. energy work is not for everyone but that can only be discerned by the individual when they actually experience it for themselves.

i hope this helps.

But surely if it results in an improvement to health, this is measurable, like it is with conventional interventions?

So if we treated someone with 'legitimate' bioenergy healing, and someone else with a fake/placebo kind, and didn't tell them which is which, the real would lead to a better outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 linmb

I took my son to see Cyril Childs today; he is 6 years old and was diagnosed with osteosarcoma aged 5. He finished all treatment in May following major bone graft surgery and further chemo.
    Last week I was told that he has a swelling in his arm again and it could be the return of a tumor. I am currentley waiting to hear from his surgical consultant to find out how they will proceed to find out if this swelling is a tumor; I am fully expecting another biopsy to be performed.
    To those people out there who are so very sceptical, please understand that if someone you love with all your heart has a potentially terminal illness, you will do anything to help them. I mean anything.
    We went to see Cyril Childs today with an open mind and heart. I did not know what to expect and was relieved to discover that he isnt some kind of flaky religous nut; he was very honest about his amazement at having these healing powers as he doesnt consider himself to be the right template for such good!
    I went to him after hearing from a friend of a family member about his work. This man had cancer; after visiting Cyril Childs the tumors disappeared! The man involved was one of the sceptical people like those that have posted on here but cancer changes people and their beliefs.
    Of course I dont now feel that my son is 'cured' because of our visit but I do know that Cyril Childs definitely does have something about him and I know my son at 6 years of age felt different sensations as Cyril worked with him. He put his hands to my face, not touching it, and I felt heat radiating from them. I mean a deep heat, not just warm hands.
    If you are looking for other avenues of treatments to work alongside conventional treatments, I would recommend this man whole heartedley.
    I do not run about with my head in the clouds, I am very grounded but I am a mother is terrified of losing her child. I will try anything to help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Happyzebra

I agree that people need to be careful because there are so many con artists out there but I do think that energy healing could have a theraputic effect even if it is a placebo.

As far as I am aware there has been no research conducted into energy healing. Is it not mainly drug companies that fund research? So why would they want to prove that something that is not going to make them a profit actually works?

My father's consultant was amazed at how well my father was doing.. He said that only for he had his test results infront of him he would never have believed he had cancer. He then went on to say that the chemo wasnt working and there was no more they could do. My father was crushed. In one week he went from a man who looked healthy and was active to a dying man who couldnt get out of the bed. He was dead about eight weeks later. I believe the loss of hope hastened him to his death.

People need to be protected from con artists but they also need hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 skelly29

Hi, could you please let me know how you got on with Cyril Childs. My daughter has a major heart defect and has had 4 heart surgeries.She's only 11 weeks old!! He was recommended to us and we have booked to visit him next week!!! Would like to know more about him so as to be prepared:confused: Thanks any info will help.....

• Advertisement

So sorry to hear about your daughter :(

skelly29 wrote: »
    Hi, could you please let me know how you got on with Cyril Childs. My daughter has a major heart defect and has had 4 heart surgeries.She's only 11 weeks old!! He was recommended to us and we have booked to visit him next week!!! Would like to know more about him so as to be prepared:confused: Thanks any info will help.....

My son saw cyril 3 times..he was supposed to go a fourth but unfortunately the disease progressed to such an extent that we couldnt travel to dublin. I am not going to say that cyril didnt do anything for my son because there is absolutely no way of telling. We have no proof of what may have been if we hadnt seen cyril..who is to know that my sons life may have been even shorter. What I can tell you is that by taking my son to see Cyril gave his family peace of mind that we were being pro active in a way that we could in order to help.
    What to expect?.... a very normal unassuming man who likes to chat. He is 80 yrs old and looks only around 60-65. He will take you into a small outside building which has a bed and chairs in it and there he will just put his hands on the sick and let the heat do its magic. He really does have lots of heat radiating from his hands..I was amazed as was my son.
    Good Luck, I hope your daughter does get better.

Sorry for your sister, but this Cyril guy will be a complete waste of her time. It may give her (false) hope though and may make her a bit happy, but if bioenergy worked don't you think there would be a bio energy ward in every hospital, with no need for chemo or pharmaceuticals?

No there wouldnt be because Bio energy and all natural remedies do not generate enough money for the government and drug companies. Chemo doesnt always work and I have been in an unfortunate position to see how badly it does actually work! The hospital staff are completely governed by money and actually have very limited resources anyway so dont always have access to the drugs that may work. My sons consultant told me all about this wonderful new drug which wasnt toxic but it helped boost the immune sytem to a point where the body starts fighting off the cancerous cells itself. Great, I said when do we start? I was then told it wasnt available in the UK as too costly!! I practically lived in a hospital ward for 10 months whilst my son had chemo...nearly everyone who had a cancer other than leaukemia has died including my son. I can tell you from first hand experience that the minute my son stopped chemo is the minute his own body started fighting the cancer...we changed his diet and took him to healers etc and I can honestly say that he stood a better chance of fighting his cancer if we had started out on that route. The chemo only destroyed his body and immune system to the point he couldnt fight off the disease. You cannot judge the options of other people unless you have first hand experience..when you are in a position like this you will try absolutely anything at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 skelly29

linmb wrote: »
    My son saw cyril 3 times..he was supposed to go a fourth but unfortunately the disease progressed to such an extent that we couldnt travel to dublin. I am not going to say that cyril didnt do anything for my son because there is absolutely no way of telling. We have no proof of what may have been if we hadnt seen cyril..who is to know that my sons life may have been even shorter. What I can tell you is that by taking my son to see Cyril gave his family peace of mind that we were being pro active in a way that we could in order to help.
    What to expect?.... a very normal unassuming man who likes to chat. He is 80 yrs old and looks only around 60-65. He will take you into a small outside building which has a bed and chairs in it and there he will just put his hands on the sick and let the heat do its magic. He really does have lots of heat radiating from his hands..I was amazed as was my son.
    Good Luck, I hope your daughter does get better.

Oh my heart goes out to you and your family. You are very kind to reply to me after what you have been through. Your son sounds like a brave little soldier, as do you. Thank you for all that information. Were going to meet Cyril on Monday. I totally agree with what you have said about being pro active, this way I can feel like I left no table unturned. Thanks again and take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 darex123

skelly29 wrote: »
    Oh my heart goes out to you and your family. You are very kind to reply to me after what you have been through. Your son sounds like a brave little soldier, as do you. Thank you for all that information. Were going to meet Cyril on Monday. I totally agree with what you have said about being pro active, this way I can feel like I left no table unturned. Thanks again and take care.

Skelly - I wonder could you PM me cyrils contact details - I would very much appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

I took my son to see Cyril Childs today; he is 6 years old and was diagnosed with osteosarcoma aged 5. He finished all treatment in May following major bone graft surgery and further chemo.
    Last week I was told that he has a swelling in his arm again and it could be the return of a tumor. I am currentley waiting to hear from his surgical consultant to find out how they will proceed to find out if this swelling is a tumor; I am fully expecting another biopsy to be performed.
    To those people out there who are so very sceptical, please understand that if someone you love with all your heart has a potentially terminal illness, you will do anything to help them. I mean anything.
    We went to see Cyril Childs today with an open mind and heart. I did not know what to expect and was relieved to discover that he isnt some kind of flaky religous nut; he was very honest about his amazement at having these healing powers as he doesnt consider himself to be the right template for such good!
    I went to him after hearing from a friend of a family member about his work. This man had cancer; after visiting Cyril Childs the tumors disappeared! The man involved was one of the sceptical people like those that have posted on here but cancer changes people and their beliefs.
    Of course I dont now feel that my son is 'cured' because of our visit but I do know that Cyril Childs definitely does have something about him and I know my son at 6 years of age felt different sensations as Cyril worked with him. He put his hands to my face, not touching it, and I felt heat radiating from them. I mean a deep heat, not just warm hands.
    If you are looking for other avenues of treatments to work alongside conventional treatments, I would recommend this man whole heartedley.
    I do not run about with my head in the clouds, I am very grounded but I am a mother is terrified of losing her child. I will try anything to help him.

I know Cyril very well. I am 28 and am currently suffering from a ruptured L4 / L5 disc in my back for the last 2 months (lot of pain). Have been taking pain killers, doing physio and am scheduled for an epidural injection in my spine in november. I did a session with Cyril on Sunday and have noticed a big improvement in back. Cant believe it. As the poster mentioned I could feel that heat from his hands as mentioned in the quoted post. The power of the mind is profound and I now believe it plays such a pivotal role in the body's ability to heal itself. Im going for another session and hope that i continue to see improvement. I believe it's something that should not be disregarded. The sceptics seem to be those who have not tried this avenue before. I only hope you never are unwell enough that you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Not too sure if this post is real. Sorry if this sounds harsh but sounds like an advert for this guy ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

Not too sure if this post is real. Sorry if this sounds harsh but sounds like an advert for this guy ???

Why do you think the post is fake?
    If it was an advert it would make more sense to say that he cured her son.:confused:
    Are you talking from experience with cyril childs?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mcgu

Hi There can anyone PM me contact details for Cyril Childs? Cant find contact info anywhere - Thanks a mill

kindest regards, C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 sammy75

hi, if anyone has the details of the healer in leixlip, could you please pass them on to me,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement