Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Warning Thursday/Friday

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Frank McBrearty fell on my gf's head.

Well not him but an election poster with him on it !!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I had to go out this afternoon for a couple of hours and up through the hills. The gusts of wind were quite severe and like everywhere else there was a lot of surface water lying on different parts of the road.

I spent about an hour inside a partially constructed 2 storied house and it was scary enough at times. Only the felt on the roof and no windows or doors fitted yet. The sheer force of the wind battering against the felt and the associated noise of the the flapping felt was a wee bit nerve wrecking.

I was glad to get home safely.

Dont venture out unless you have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

haha that link looks a bit wrong!

donegalis.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Think the worst of it is over thank feck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭dcfc

Anyone driving from Letterkenny to Derry this morning, be careful. Roads are tretcherous, I do this journey most days and I've never seen it so bad, I passed 5 cars from Newtown to Derry that have crashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dcfc wrote: »
    Anyone driving from Letterkenny to Derry this morning, be careful. Roads are tretcherous, I do this journey most days and I've never seen it so bad, I passed 5 cars from Newtown to Derry that have crashed.

Yeah there is lots of black ice around Letterkenny. it lashed around 5 or 6 and then froze again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

dcfc wrote: »
    I'll second that warning, I just made the journey myself.
    Some of the cars are still stuck at the side of the road. Plus there is some oil on the road in places, which isn't helping.

Advertisement