Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Metoir Phone today = VVBad Connection!!!

Options
  • 09-11-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I got an smartphone with metoir today. I was a bit worried about the connection , brought it home had to make several phone calls and recieve them in the evening from people, extremely bad connection breaking up etc.

I was always with vodafone before and NO PROBLEMS WITH CONNECTION ANYWHERE EVER , internet is not working etc.

I called theIR customer care and they said where do you live and of course they said that there is a problem with the connection that they are working on in the area.

I walked around near the house down the street a bit and its the same and this is a big town. I do live in an appartment in a big house that may affect it a bit but the fact that I walked a bit and it was still a bit bad isnt good ...Im living near enough to the centre and on the outskirts of a well known big town...

WHAT CAN I DO??? IM GOING BACK TOMORROW HOPING TO ASK FOR A RETURN.

Is meteor CRAP ? Is 3 and vodafone better and which is best for a not too expensive smartphone.

I wanted the phone I got as its not with 3 yet and is only with Mereor on prepay also.

I would be really grateful for any replies. Sorry for the rant :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

eeeew the font man!!

OT: there is an android forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pattly

Thanks so much for the info. This area is built up in a town and I have no probs with my 3 laptop or my vodafone phone EVER.

Its a Sony Ericesson XPERIA 8 . I really like it but it hasnt come to 3 online , it was in the carphonewarehouse catalogue with 3 not that I think about it .

What do you mean by unlock it for a fee? What does unlocking it do?

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    eeeew the font man!!

OT: there is an android forum.

haha I know Im trying new fonts for reading personal reasons I find it easier to read. :rolleyes: It didnt turn out the same as usual....:o

Ok Ill take out 'Android ' ...is that more to your liking?

Its not really about Android phones its more about connection .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

If you're not happy, take it back to them. Once you bring it back straightaway citing coverage issues I think they'll usually take it back without much issue. Or at least they used to anyway.

• Advertisement

Thanks

So mobile phones are actually outdoor phones .....were they born outside a haybarn or something

" Thanks customer , oh and BTW we forgot to mention 1 little thing.... you cant use it inside "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

pattly wrote: »
    Thanks

So mobile phones are actually outdoor phones .....were they born outside a haybarn or something

" Thanks customer , oh and BTW we forgot to mention 1 little thing.... you cant use it inside "
    Well within reason!

They can't, for example, guarantee you coverage if you live in the heart of a large apartment block with lots of steel and thick concrete that blocks the signal, even if you live in a full coverage area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Well every carrier has black spots in certain areas. Up to you to find out which is the best :) I get great meteor coverage in certain places compared to other networks not and vice versa.

I called their customer care there again they said that if you return it - I think they said the next day if no coverage that they should give it back.

So fingers crossed ..and toes and arms.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

Thanks so much for the info. This area is built up in a town and I have no probs with my 3 laptop or my vodafone phone EVER.

Its a Sony Ericesson XPERIA 8 . I really like it but it hasnt come to 3 online , it was in the carphonewarehouse catalogue with 3 not that I think about it .

What do you mean by unlock it for a fee? What does unlocking it do?

A lot of 3 stores have the X8, if you call into one they should have it or order it for you.

I went there this evening and they gave me a full refund in cash, thanks Meteor , I told them about the very bad reception in the house and street and told them where I live , the manager asked me did customer care say anything about a second mast ...that you can change it to a second mast or something ..idk..

i have my own health problems and I had pretty much decided that I wanted to go back to vodafone, .....I sounded a bit pissed off and said " masts ? I dont know anything about masts ....:) " In fairness obviously I get it but theres nothing in the pre purchase advice or never was with vodafone of needing to know about Meteors masts ....For F Sake

Anyway they were very nice and good to the customer.

I went in to vodafone accross from it after and changed back to them with the sim from meteor , it only took a couple of minutes.
    FLIPALL A lot of 3 stores have the X8, if you call into one they should have it or order it for you

Thanks . I dont know , I think Ill just stay with Vodafone with my old phone for a while ..... The 3 shop closed down in my area aswell and they closed down in other towns too ...so Ill see. They are not with 3 or Voda. with carphoneW online anyway either.
    I would love to know if 3 are as good as vodafone though as its either of them for my next phone . I rang them and they said that they do 14 day money back offer if there is bad connection .

Anyway thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think Ill just stay with Vodafone with my old phone for a while ..... The 3 shop closed down in my area aswell and they closed down in other towns too ...so Ill see. They are not with 3 or Voda. with carphoneW online anyway either.
    I would love to know if 3 are as good as vodafone though as its either of them for my next phone . I rang them and they said that they do 14 day money back offer if there is bad connection .

The shop that closed would be '3G'' and not 3 Ireland' (three.ie). different companies completely, but often cause confusion, like in this case :)

Advertisement