Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c25k 2 half...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

Congrats.... I think today you might have got the stress of your mind...you can do half... Made it to park mid day... That wind did you no favours...!!!
    So dcm in October?!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

maria74 wrote: »
    Well I did it! 10K in what can only be described as WINDY weather (oh an lots of rain!). It was tough, the hills made harder by the WIND!
    Took 1 hr 20, but with amount of walking on hills I did I was quite happy with that!
    Delighted now I did it. :D. Only started running in June and now 5k and 10K done. Connemara half next!
    Bring on Hal Novice Half on Monday. But for tonight I believe some chocolate and beer will feature in the plans!!

Congrats on first 10K - that feeling crossing the finishing line wipes away all the pain of the previous week :). Beer and chocolate well deserved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

[HTML][/HTML]
    aigster wrote: »
    Congrats.... I think today you might have got the stress of your mind...you can do half... Made it to park mid day... That wind did you no favours...!!!
    So dcm in October?!!!!!

:D:D No I don't think so! But thanks for encouragment /delusional thinking!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done on the 10k - hope you enjoyed the treats last night, I certainly did!! Good luck with the new plan..12 weeks today!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭specialk1977

well done on the 10k..you must be thrilled..

• Advertisement

[HTML][/HTML]
    claralara wrote: »
    Well done on the 10k - hope you enjoyed the treats last night, I certainly did!! Good luck with the new plan..12 weeks today!:eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: Bit scared now!! Can I double yesterdays performance in 12 weeks?? Not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Well done on the 10k Maria, it was a mad day for the weather wasn't it? Onwards and upwards from here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

[HTML][/HTML]

:eek: :eek: :eek: Bit scared now!! Can I double yesterdays performance in 12 weeks?? Not sure!
    You've done 8 miles already in training, with another 12 weeks of solid training under your belt you'll be well capable of getting through 13.1 - just keep it consistent. See ya at Conn :)

Monday 17/1/10 (Start of HH Novice plan, slightly adjusted)

3 miles (slow, took almost 40 mins)
    Not pretty, but not as bad as Sat!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭shoegal!

Hey Maria, just catching up on your log now. Well done on the 10k! You will be well able for Connemara! :)

• Advertisement

Tuesday 18/1/11

Ihr class: some run/sprints/strength work

Guess this counts as 30 mins cross train and strength work from plan.

Thurs 20/1/11

5K (apx 40 mins)

Yesterday I was dieing to get out for a run, it looked so nice out so I took early lunch break today (helped by fact am working at home today :p) and headed off to beach. It is a fab morning/early afternoon...actually had to take off some of the layers I had on at 20 mins. Did 10 min walk at end also. Off for another walk later ...this weather too good to waste!

Have definatly lost some of my fitness and stamina over December with snow and being sick. But hopefuly if In can keep at the HH plan and not have any gaps in it I can get it back. :)

Friday 21/1/11

30 mins work-out DVD and stretching

will miss my gym and class tonight so dusted off Davina DVD (from this time last year before c25k) and did aerobic workout and some leg exercises. May try go for walk later.

Well done on starting the HM plan - week 1 almost done! First LSR this weekend? What distance are you planning? Enjoy! :)

Friday

Did class this evening after all..so strength work and some cardio/cross training.

Clara: Plan to do 4 miles this weekend...hopefullyon Sunday.

Sunday 23/1/11

4 miles (6.7K)
    50 mins apx?

Breathing finally seems to be back to normal so once first 3/4K done I enjoyed this run. Couple small inclines (not quite hills;)) and last .5K was uphill. Out for dinner and drinks last night and think most of it was in my legs for first 20 mins today!

Glad I went back to basics now and cut the mileage down, knees are especially thankful for this and it is a relief to be heading out for 35-50 mins now for just 4 miles....lot has changed in last year.:)

12 week countdown: Week 1 done!

Plan for week 2
    Monday: cross train and strength
    Tues: run
    Wed: rest/strech
    Thur: run
    Fri LSR
    Sat: cross train/strength
    Sun: rest

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭marrona

I am officially "folowing" everyone doing the Connemarathon now - hope this doesn't freak you out! best of luck with training. might see you in 11 weeks!

[HTML][/HTML]
    marrona wrote: »
    I am officially "folowing" everyone doing the Connemarathon now - hope this doesn't freak you out! best of luck with training. might see you in 11 weeks!

Nothing freaks me out anymore...except the thought of 13 miles and Connemara hills in 11 weeks!!!:D

Are you training for it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Well done on getting week 1 done!

Monday 24/1/11
    1 hr class: kettlebells and strength training (small bit cardio)

Not sure if Ill get out for run tomorow, chest is playing up again!

• Advertisement

Hope you're feeling ok today!

Tuesday 25/1/11

2 miles (24 mins apx)

Planned to do 3 but had limited time and there was something strange going on I was told around the roads I was running on and was advised to go home (? I know bit strange but I did what I was told and headed off)

My cough & chest playing up still but glad I got out. Class tomorow evening and think I'll rest Thur and try for LSR n Friday as I am away weekend.

Tuesday 25/1/11

2 miles (24 mins apx)

Planned to do 3 but had limited time and there was something strange going on I was told around the roads I was running on and was advised to go home (? I know bit strange but I did what I was told and headed off)

My cough & chest playing up still but glad I got out. Class tomorow evening and think I'll rest Thur and try for LSR n Friday as I am away weekend.

lol! I hope you find out....:eek:

Good an excuse as any I suppose :)

Wednesday 26/1/11
    1 hour class: body weights and some cardio

Instructor was in an evil mood and feel I will have sore arms and legs tomorow. Lots of stretching at end so may help
    Rest day tomorow (hope my log is safe :)) and hopefully lsr on Friday.

Great work around here! What's the LSR tonight? I'm not looking forward to mine in the slightest - it's going to be a slow sad 10 miles! :rolleyes:

Mine is only 4 miles I think. Was thinking of 5 but the thought of 4 is sending me into madness so....
    Best of luck with 10...you can do it. Just think of all the posts you could have if you dont get out there! There is motivation for you!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Best of luck with your LSR. You'll be amazed at youself when your LSRs start getting longer and longer.
    Keep up the good work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭specialk1977

yes i agree with jcsmum,4 miles ,then 5 the 7 and in no time 4 miles will be an easy training session..once you enjoy it ,thats all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

claralara wrote: »
    Great work around here! What's the LSR tonight? I'm not looking forward to mine in the slightest - it's going to be a slow sad 10 miles! :rolleyes:

Where's that positive mental attitude gone? It's going to be a nice, easy 10 miles! :)

• Advertisement

Friday 27/1/11
    4.4 miles (58m mins I think?)

Realised later I have a slight stomach bug, probably should not have gone and had to give up before the 5 mile mark. But another run done.
    Might try get out for a run Sun eve or may have to leave til Monday am (might not be a bad thing rh knee a bit sore now...previously was left knee..typical).
    Day and night away tomorow so rest and relaxation here I come!!:)
    Week 2 done (although short 1 run).

Advertisement