Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c25k 2 half...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

maria74 wrote: »
    Mine is only 4 miles I think. Was thinking of 5 but the thought of 4 is sending me into madness so....
    Best of luck with 10...you can do it. Just think of all the posts you could have if you dont get out there! There is motivation for you!:P

Haha, I had to go out after that! Well done on your run. I see you went over your planned 4 - well done. As the others said you won't know yourself in a few weeks when 4miles is an easy jaunt while you're waiting for dinner or before work ;)
    Where's that positive mental attitude gone? It's going to be a nice, easy 10 miles! :)

It's back...I just wasn't looking forward to it after that week!I'm a little achey all over now but hopefully that won't last long. I think the group runs have me spoilt...it was tough to get myself out on my todge. I actyually enjoyed listening to some dodgy tunes on the ipod though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Monday 31/1/11
    Did 3.5 miles (45mins apx)

Finally had good run today. :D:D Yeahhhh!
    Havent gone out since Friday, was away for the weekend and maybe the rest help. Felt great, barely out of breath and legs felt good. Needed a good run.

Garmin was dead and maybe this helped the run..all that checking takes a lot of energy you know!

Plan for week:
    Tuesday rest??
    Wed: cross train and strength (class)
    Thur: 3.5 miles
    Fri: cross train and strength (class)
    Sat; rest
    Sun: 5 miles

Wednesday 2/2/11
    2 mile run (apx 22 mins)
    and last 7/8 mins were up and down a small hill to try and get legs used to this..its been a while!

Ah the preparation for the hills of the west - I anticipate it's going to be a barrel of laughs :)

Friday 4/2/11
    1 hr class, strength training (legs/core) and lots of cardio

Am hoping to get out tomorow morning for LSR. Motivation weaning still and am not sure I will make it to Connemara. But I'll keep up training and see how I get on. Could do with a big puff of wind to push me along in the morning (after dragging me out of bed and getting me ready etc!!) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Friday 4/2/11
    Motivation weaning still and am not sure I will make it to Connemara. But I'll keep up training and see how I get on. Could do with a big puff of wind to push me along in the morning (after dragging me out of bed and getting me ready etc!!) :rolleyes:

It was only Monday that you were feeling great doing 3.5 miles. Nobody said it was going to be easy! So if you feel good on some of your runs, you must be doing something right!

Ha ha very true! I think overall Jan has been a tough month (preceeded by crappy Dec!) But hopefully with evenings brightening up etc it will get easier. Just hard to do the runs with work and family etc. No idea hw anyone manages to do training for marathon!
    But thanks for the reminder, might just be that gale I needed to get me out there in morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

Keep at it.... If you give yourself an opt out clause now u'll Make it too easy to quit... Your going to connemara... You will finish... And you will feel miserable many times between now and then ....but itl all be worth it when that finish line appears!!

5 miles tomorrow - you'll be out and back within the hour and full of the joys... Out you go now ;)

[HTML][/HTML]
    claralara wrote: »
    5 miles tomorrow - you'll be out and back within the hour and full of the joys... Out you go now ;)

:D Right so Clara...I am told!!
    Thanks Aigstear and Micilin ... rely on you for no nonsense talking!

Sunday 6/2/11
    5 miles ..apx 55 mins (garmin charger still missing in action)

Dragged myself out of bed this morning (thanks to above encouragement I believe), after an hour of lying there listening to wind and rain and trying to argue against my non running self who was telling me I was not a runner and didnt need to do this, I would get another cold from running etc etc.

But I got up and went & while the first 3k were not ideal and legs and chest were seriously unhappy...I felt great at the end! Have been lethargic all week and today I managed to do some stuff I have been putting off all week. And that is why I love this running lark...its not the actual running a lot of the time...it is the feeling afterwards! Nothing like it :D:D

Just need to remind myself of this on Tuesday now, after 2 long days in work...:P

• Advertisement

I must disagree I talk lots of nonsense.... !
    Well done ..Onwards and upwards!!!!

Good woman, I'm glad you went out and enjoyed it. Another week down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done on yesterday's run. It is hard to motivate yourself sometimes, but you will never regret going for a run! It is great when you're finished alright, brilliant feeling of satisfaction!
    Keep going, you're doing great! :)

Tuesday 8/2/11
    3.2 miles (38/39 mins)

I am so dedicated that I ran in my lunch time (between meetings!). Surely there are brownie points out there for that? (similar to those bonus points you get for getting out of bed before everyone to run, or going out in awful rain???)

Not a long one but it was hard going. And ran 4 inclines in this (may even go as far as to you use the word small hills perhaps??;))

But great to get another run done and although it was slow I feel I am making some progress as the hills(:D) definatly slowed me ....probably wasn't a 10 min mile or anything near that but without the hills may have been slightly faster!!!:p

Week 4:
    Tues: Run
    Wed: Crosstrain
    Thu/Fri: Run
    Fri/Sat: Cross
    Sun: 5.5 miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭specialk1977

your making great progress,keep up the good work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Surely there are brownie points out there for that? (similar to those bonus points you get for getting out of bed before everyone to run, or going out in awful rain???)
    Ten points to Gryffindor! :pac:

(nicely done btw!)

Wednesday 9/2/11
    1 hour class: mainly cardio but some strength training also.

Sore after this so may not get out for run tomorow...so I'll go Fri hopefully.

Wednesday 10/2/11
    2.4 miles (apx 32 mins)

Been neglecting my dog recently and he needed a good run so I decided to join him even though I had limited time before work!
    Lovely morning out but the pitches were full of puddles and my feet were soaked by 0.3K! My ankles were so sore from trying to run in the mud and puddles and keep my balance (reminded me of running in snow but not as nice ) and hence the slowness. Decided to abandon it at 2.4 miles.
    My runners are also ruined now, they are black where they once were white!
    But another run done and can feel the stifness from last nights class kicking in.

Not ruined...Hardcore!!

About 6/7 months ago, myself a friend who dabbles in a bit of running went off for a gait analysis and both got sparkly new runners. Mine are fit for the bin. Her's are spotless... Because she wears her old ones when it's raining so she doesn't ruin the new ones. :rolleyes:

The mind boggles.

claralara wrote: »
    Not ruined...Hardcore!!

:D Hardcore...hilarious!! One thing I can definatly not be accused of!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

Filthy runners are a badge of honour - be proud of them! There are people who go straight for the muddy stuff when they get a new pair of runners - white and shiny is not good. If they're really muddy then bring the shoes out for a run in the rain at the weekend - a run in wet grass is the best way to clean them:)

Friday 11/2/11
    1 hr class: cardio and leg exercises

Thought legs were sore on Wednesday, not a patch on this evening!

Me & my filthy/hardcore :D runners are taking a rest tomorow and will head out early Sun morning for LSR...5-6 miles.

Sunday 13/2/11
    6 miles (1hr 18)

Nice slow run today (always laugh at this, I don't actually have any other type!!:D)

Great run though, legs felt good, breathing was fine and I really enjoyed it. Tried not to look at Garmin, just listened for the first 3 beeps for mile indicators and think that helped. For first time in ages I didn't feel the need to stop/walk. And am loving the marathon talk podcats on these long runs.

Could have kept going for longer but I was already late for my sons match (bad mum!)

Oh and more brownie points should be awarded...out of bed at 8am on a Sunday just so I can run...who would have thought it!

Your hitting your stride now...all about timing...keep at it now , a month of hard work to go...
    Stick to your plan bad mum( new log name!!!)....well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Sunday 13/2/11
    6 miles (1hr 18)

Nice slow run today (always laugh at this, I don't actually have any other type!!:D)

Great run though, legs felt good, breathing was fine and I really enjoyed it. Tried not to look at Garmin, just listened for the first 3 beeps for mile indicators and think that helped. For first time in ages I didn't feel the need to stop/walk. And am loving the marathon talk podcats on these long runs.

Could have kept going for longer but I was already late for my sons match (bad mum!)

Oh and more brownie points should be awarded...out of bed at 8am on a Sunday just so I can run...who would have thought it!

Fair play on the 8am run; I have trouble getting out of bed at that time on a weekday, never mind the weekend! I'm following the same training plan so your log is a helpful nudge to me when I'm tempted to skip a run :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Sunday 13/2/11
    6 miles (1hr 18)

Great to hear you're enjoying the running; well done. Must try out the podcasts - everyone seems to be raving about them!

Thanks for all the encouragement!:D

Plan for week 5:
    Mon 3 miles
    Wednesday: Cross and Strength
    Thur: 3 miles (apx)
    Frri: Strength and Cross
    Sat: OT 5K?

All aboveadapted a little from HM Plan and all time/work/family/snooze button commitments permitting

Bloody pain in arch left foot tho getting worse, hopefully be gone in the morning so I can get that run in. Started last week but sore today after run.:mad:

You're doing great, best of luck again this week. Hopefully that pain in your arch will go away. I had something similar back in January which seemed to be a result of my tight calves - got a massage and it hasn't been a major problem since.

Monday 14/2/11

2.4miles : 30 mins

Morning off work so got out in the mucky fields again
    Legs a bit stiff but not too bad.
    Great way to start the morning, would be lovely to be able to every day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

good work, I must get back into the morning runs before work - but SOOOO hard to get out of bed that bit earlier :)

Advertisement