Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c25k 2 half...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Wednesday 16/2/11
    1 hour class

Friday 18/2/11
    1 hour class: lots of strength/core work

Didn't manage to get another run in this week...madness in work etc.

Operation Transformation 5K tomorow which I am looking forward to, have really missed running last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Best of luck with the run tomorrow, enjoy! I'd say there will be a great atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Best of luck today Maria, gorgeous morning for it! :)

[HTML][/HTML]
    claralara wrote: »
    Best of luck today Maria, gorgeous morning for it! :)

Fantastic morning for it! Park looked great and after the awful weather for Aware 10K last month, this was exactly what I needed!

Enjoyed the atmosphere and got 38.07 (1 min down on Rathfarnham 5K in Oct) so happy with that. Went on to do extra 3K after some cheering for others coming through, with running partner which I enjoyed even more!

One of the big relief today was the escape from my fear of ambulance following...in Rathfarnham the ambulance sat behind me until I turned and glared at them! ;) They soon drove away then! Being so slow in races this is a fear I have...dont want to be that runner with the ambulance trailing them!

Also enjoyed being around so many people running for first time and in all shapes and sizes. And the encouragment from everybody and for everyone was great, samba drummers at the end really helped also and some guy shouting "Look up...there is the finish...LOOK UP!!!":D

Only negative was avoiding the cameras throughout the course and ended up beside one of the OT leaders at end and had to overtake her, and then hang back as she tried to sprint the final few steps. Do not want to be on OT!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

• Advertisement

Tuesday 22/2/11
    5K (40+ mins..apx)

Went for a run with a friend and it was tough to get out in the rain and when so tired after work. Also ate dinner before and it was not a clever idea!
    But great to run with someone else and made the whole wet experience much more pleasant. I know everyone recommends running with others, but I thought I was better alone...but no!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

maria74 wrote: »
    Tuesday 22/2/11
    5K (40+ mins..apx)

Went for a run with a friend and it was tough to get out in the rain and when so tired after work. Also ate dinner before and it was not a clever idea!
    But great to run with someone else and made the whole wet experience much more pleasant. I know everyone recommends running with others, but I thought I was better alone...but no!:D

Sometimes its nice to run alone, but the longer runs pass more quickly in company. Also if you have arranged to run with somebody you can't back out as easy, even if the couch, bottle of wine, packet of biscuits is calling! :)
    I'm also one for eating dinner and then going out running too soon after - sometimes it's the only option, but it's not pleasant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I used to be of the 'strictly no food for at least 2hours before a run' school but since I’ve upped the distances, sorted out pacing, started taking gels etc I’d be a bit more lenient and the stomach behaves a bit better. That said I wouldn’t be going having a lasagne or something on my way out the door. I think everything just starts to adapt. (Don’t get me wrong either though – this is coming from the 3.26mile puker after Christmas and an unpleasant run only about two weeks ago off the back of a lot of wine and fast food!) I suppose we see what works and learn from it (or not as the case may be!) :o

Meeting up with someone is definitely good motivation for a run and I guarantee it’s the only thing that has gotten me through my 13+mile runs to date. It’ll be interesting to see how I go on my own the next time I have to. I do love a good solo, downtime run though as well especially between a busy day in work and an evening in with the family – there’s only so many times I can answer the question of how my day was!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

claralara wrote: »
    I do love a good solo, downtime run though as well especially between a busy day in work and an evening in with the family – there’s only so many times I can answer the question of how my day was!!

Just keep talking about running - that'll soon shut them up! ;)

Friday 25/2/11
    2 miles (apx 26 mins)
    Legs felt like lead this morning and would not budge.

Cardio class his evening, some running and lots leg exercises and streching

Heading out in morning with friend for run and see how that goes

Have emailed organisers from Connemara re defer place til next year. I am just not there yet and do not need all the pressure at the moment. Since christmas I seem to getting slower (?) and at times 2 miles is hard enough! Am awaiting an email back from them.

ALthough I am moaning though I am still keeping running up and hope to improve over next few months and well see what summer brings, for Sept. Am getting out 3 times a week regularly (over past 6 weeks) which can only help I persume. And Ill do the 10K Great Irl Run and Mini Marathon and take from there.

And this time last year was very much a couch person so marvel at not what I cannot do...but at how far I have slooowly (:D) come!!!!

• Advertisement

Saturday 26/2/11

6 miles (1.20 apx)

Beautiful morning and out before 7.30am (all those brownie points again!!)

Ran with a friend for 7K and then felt so good headed off to do extra 3K by myself.

Is hard to get out of bed on day off but it is SO worth it!! OH laughed when I said I was going out on day off so early but another benefit of running with someone is the fact that I will actually ignore the magical snooze button and get up.

Good run today (definatly helped by company) and hope to keep up these Sat morning runs for next 5 weeks before 10K in April. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

Your half way to yourbig goal !!!!!.... I think if you trust yourself and a months training.... You'll do it....!!! !!

Tuesday 1/3/11
    2 miles (24/25 mins)

Ran with my new running partner, never would have gone without her!

Class tonight I hope

And how fab is the weather last week...would be great to be running during day, but at least it cheers you up in the morning to pull the curtains back and see the sun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

2 miles (24/25 secs)

!

:eek: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Hi Maria im after reading through your entire log you are what I want to be in 6 months time. I just finished w8 d2 of c25k! Im running at snails pace but im running. Your doing so great and fair play to you signing up for the half marathon best of luck with your training!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Friday 25/2/11
    2 miles (apx 26 mins)
    Legs felt like lead this morning and would not budge.

Cardio class his evening, some running and lots leg exercises and streching

Heading out in morning with friend for run and see how that goes

Have emailed organisers from Connemara re defer place til next year. I am just not there yet and do not need all the pressure at the moment. Since christmas I seem to getting slower (?) and at times 2 miles is hard enough! Am awaiting an email back from them.

ALthough I am moaning though I am still keeping running up and hope to improve over next few months and well see what summer brings, for Sept. Am getting out 3 times a week regularly (over past 6 weeks) which can only help I persume. And Ill do the 10K Great Irl Run and Mini Marathon and take from there.

And this time last year was very much a couch person so marvel at not what I cannot do...but at how far I have slooowly (:D) come!!!!

Sorry to hear you're out of Conn but it sounds like the best decision for you. Sure who knows, you might be upgrading to the full next year :). Good luck with the GIR training, hoping to be back for that myself.

Wednesday 2/3/11
    1 hour class: legs/core and some cardio

Saturday 5/3/11
    6 miles today along the coast. Lovely run although stopped a couple of times to stretch legs etc.

Mad week in work so missed a run planned for Thursday.

Was dreading going out this morning...could very easily have not gone and perhaps that would have been one of those times that was the start of the end of my running routine!

SO again the benefit of running with someone else kicks in...said I would go so grumbled my way out of bed at 8am and off we went!!:D

Delighted with my run and few drinkies tonight and a vague plan to try go out for a short one tomorow evening (on a hill I had planned to do on Thursday). Posting this to encourage me tomorow!!:D

I think the 6 should fill you with confidence.....IF you don't do this half get into a half before summer....
    I think if you skipped the gym for a fortnight you'd get there easy..,,Well if not easy... There! And as a plodder gettin there does me...Don't get intimidated by numbers... You'll get lots of suppourt on way....!

Good to see a positive attitude coming through... You've earned a drink or 2!....

Have been sick since last weekend and still not better...awful chest infection.
    Am hopeful it will eventually go and I can get back out there.
    Aiming for Tuesday but at moment its hard to walk from couch to kettle so running seems long time away!

Hope it won't last long.... It's a tough timeof year ... And there is more to life... Lots of berocca ... And failing thAt ... Whiskey!!!

• Advertisement

[HTML][/HTML]
    aigster wrote: »
    Hope it won't last long.... It's a tough timeof year ... And there is more to life... Lots of berocca ... And failing thAt ... Whiskey!!!

Muchas Gracias!!:D

aigster wrote: »

I second the whiskey suggestion - hot whiskey is medicine :D Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for all good wishes guys...finally starting to feel bit better.

Thursday 17/3/11
    4.6 miles (apx)

Lovely run along the sea front on a sunny morning with a friend, made for a lovely come back after being sick.

Was slightly worried that almost 2 weeks off would make it very hard to get back into it, but felt fine. Delighted that I got out and then got to spend the day with the kids at the parade and lunch afterwards.

Here's hoping the good weather is here to stay!

Sunday 20/3/11

2.6 miles (32 mins)

Lovely run this morning with a loose goal of apx 2 miles but really just out to bring the poor dog out for a good run. Feel great after it.

Headed to football pitches I usually run on during the week...who knew they had other uses at the weekend??:D Poor dog ended up on the lead running along paths for 3K, and he was delighted to get off it and into the sea after that.

Only problem with running with him is he makes me look even slower...barely walking as I plod along beside him!!:D
    HAPPY SUNDAY!

Plan for week (only 3 weeks to 10K)
    Run x 2 (hills?)
    1 cross train
    1 x 5 miles (weekend)

Happy dog ,happy kids ,run done.......! We need you in dail!!!!
    10k be a great taster for you....... When and where ?!

10K Great Irl Run...same day as Connemara I believe! Had to do something to make up for the bolting on that one.

Am looking forward to it although the Aware 1Ok was on same route I believe and that was haarrd going (although weather was awful that day!)

Will be thinking of you on those hills as I groan my way up the smaller ones in the park. Your training seems to be going great tho and I am sure those hills will be nothing to you.:D

I'm a bit envious of your runs, running with your dog and along the sea front, sounds nice :)

Wednesday 23/3/11

2 miles (25 mins)

As Yungwan recently said...sure how could you not? Headed out at 7.30am before work (left oh to get kids ready) and me and the dog did a quick run around the pitches.

FAB morning, feet soaked from dew in fields....this is what mornings should all be like.

Breathing a bit funny this morning (but sure you cant have everything perfect...what would we have to aim towards???:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

Perfect weather today and this morn! well done! i'm slightly jealous!;)

• Advertisement

Just slightly??????:p

Advertisement