Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c25k 2 half...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

maria74 wrote: »
    Just slightly??????:p

Fine. I'm more than slightly jealous :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

Just slightly??????:p

OK Then! very-- extremely!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Friday 25/3/11

2 miles (apx)..25 mins

Spur of the moment run after walking kids to school...knew I had spare 20 mins or so, so decided to do a short run.

Listened to marathon talk recently and they talked about naked running :eek: ...running witout gadgets etc and this was me today. No running gear (although obviously had runners on:p), no garmin, ipod etc. Just me in my tracksuit running around the town!
    Quite liberating really and a great way to clear your head after a stressful couple of days at home and work!!

Hope the weather lasts for weekend!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Yeah sometimes those runs can be the best, spur of the moment ones, with no gadgets or pressure or expectations. Just running for the sheer enjoyment of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

What's been happening?!

tumbleweed.jpg

;)

• Advertisement

Not sure what that pic is exactly :confused:

Been a very busy and stressful 10 days so running was unfortunatly last thing on my mind.

But things calmer now.

Wed 30/3/11
    2.5 miles

Sat 2/4/11
    5.7 miles along the beach on a beautiful Saturday morning, with a friend.
    Few hills thrown in for good measure.

Plan to do couple short runs this week before 10K on Sunday.

Probably wont be pretty but it will be done!!:D

A tumbleweed! Glad to see you were out running - it can be good for the stress!

Have you any goal in mind for the Great Ireland? How about another half-marathon over the summer?

[HTML][/HTML]
    A tumbleweed! Glad to see you were out running - it can be good for the stress!

Have you any goal in mind for the Great Ireland? How about another half-marathon over the summer?

Aghhh..lightbulb flash!!:p

Not sure half marathon...mini marathon 10K and plenty of plodding maybe!!!

Looks like you are well on track tho..no real stopping and starting which is my aim for the immediate future. Hard to predict tho!

And yeah running is great for the stress, cant believe still not a year running and already it is such a part of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

5.7 miles along the beach on a beautiful Saturday morning, with a friend.
    Few hills thrown in for good measure.

Plan to do couple short runs this week before 10K on Sunday.

Probably wont be pretty but it will be done!!:D

If you're doing running a pleasureable 5.7 on the beach with a few hills thrown in for good measure then a 10k race will be no bother!

Sunday 3/4/11

2 miles with my daughter who is doing junior run in GIR last week.
    She walked some of it at my running pace!!!:D

Beautiful evening and lovely to have her out with me...this is one of the reasons I started running last year, to be a positive role model. Heres hoping the sight of me collapsing over the 10K finish line doesn't put her off for life!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Thats fantastic, must feel great to be that positive role model you aimed to be!

Good work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Best of luck on Sunday Maria, good to see you’re still trucking! :)

Wednesday 6/4/11

3K this morning. Awful run, about a million excuses why (heat, lack of sleep, grass too long etc). Stopped about a million times and gave up at 3K and headed home.

Class this evening (strength and some running etc.), haven't been to class in ages so great to be back at it. Enjoyed that.

Bit nervous about Sunday but sure it will be grand I am sure. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the encouragement! Best of luck tomorrow and make sure you enjoy it :-)

Great Ireland Run 10/4/11

To sum it up: I am actually getting slower! Who knew it was possible?
    Thought after Aware 10K and the winds and rain that this could only be better...actually spent a week saying this to anyone who would listen (if only I was supersitious)

1.22 on the button, so about 3 mins slower than Jan.
    Strange because I felt I ran better than in Jan, walked some parts but not as much as Jan and ran up almost all the hills.

So there are a line of excuses shooving each other in the line to make excuses for this run: Please make way for
    - Mr. April Heatwave (not usually seen on these shores, especially in April)
    - Ms. Waiting in Park since 10am
    - Master dehydrated
    - Mr starving by 2pm!
    - Mrs slow gene (she may actually be the boss of the others)

On a positive note my daughter ran the junior race and really enjoyed it and my other 2 kids ran across the line with their mum and the running bug has now hit my 6 year old, so he has joined a running club.

Legs a bit tight since Sunday so while I contemplate and come to terms with my slowness I am resting my leg.

Tentative plans to do flora mini marathon, head just needs to catch up on that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Firstly well done on the race and getting around. Hardly anyone had a good run so rem it's not just you. Take a few days rest but then get yourself back out there when leg is fine.

Put it down to a good experience as the same thing can happen at the Flora mini marathon- really warm, crowded, long waits in the pen etc. So for that race, you'll be much better prepared...well fed and bring a bottle of water with you. Oh and that route is much easier than Sundays :). Nutley lane will be a breeze after Military road!!

Chin up girl, you did really well to finish and as you said you ran more than Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

Yeah , Way too hard on self.... Restup and away again...mini marathon huge crowds....So not sure if axquicker time would work out...
    Great to have your kids out... More to life than times, but I am a slow git!
    Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Maria well done. it was a really tough run. I know what you mean about the same run in jan... i ran slower too on sunday. And as i said in my log... maybe you are a winter runner too like me ;)
    You did great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

From what I heard of folks in work today, there was an eternity standing in the starting area, in the scorching heat - its going to be next to impossible to run well after that..

Just chalk it up to experience and go out and have a brilliant mini-marathon :)

Laughed out load at your GIR report!

Well done!

• Advertisement

Friday 15/4/11
    1 hour class...running, leg exercises etc.

Still havent ventured out for a run since Sunday! Have a whole heap of excuses for this too...busy with work, achilles tenderness etc etc..but really I have no interest in running!!:(

Luckily (:P:confused:) for me my running partner is still interested in continuing to run with someone who is as slow as ....??? so we are due to head out in the morning :(

Have a PLAN tho! It is ground breaking and may take a while to comprehend, but here goes.....I am going to try run faster!!!!

Aim to go back to basics and start running faster for shorter period of time and see how that goes.

Unless a good excuse comes along.....

Sunday 17/4/11

6K this morning...(apx 45 mins)
    first 3k in 20 mins apx ..so trying to run at a faster pace. Was hard going I have to say.

Decided to take it easy for next 3k and enjoyed this, especially once we got to 5K. Beautiful morning in SKerries.

May have done it wrong way around tho..take it easy first and then faster?
    Need to get a plan together for next few weeks, with one run including some speed (:rolleyes:) work. Good to get back out, after Sunday was beginning to think might not make it to 1 year running anniversary!!

Nice one, fair play! In theory I prefer to start out slower and finish at a faster pace. In practice it rarely happens unless I plan it properly with my Garmin.

Do you train better when you have a goal and a plan, or does that put you off?

[HTML][/HTML]
    Nice one, fair play! In theory I prefer to start out slower and finish at a faster pace. In practice it rarely happens unless I plan it properly with my Garmin.

Do you train better when you have a goal and a plan, or does that put you off?

Yeah goal and plan needed for me, even if sometimes doesn't always work out as planned.

Monday 18/4/11
    1 hour circuit class (half of which was running), lots arms/legs strength (should be nice and sore tomorow..just as Fridays aches fade!! :p Loving being back at classes and enjoying bright evenings so much.

I have a plan tho for next few weeks so I am ready to go! One class a week and then one faster run, one 2/3 miles and LSR with emphasis on staying running (with no walking breaks). Back to basics! Signed up for mini marathon and a person not too far away is making whispers and suggestions about 10mile etc...we shall see!!

So tomorow plan short faster (rather than scary word speed) workout in the evening (posting and running with friend means it may actually happen). :D

[QUOTE=maria74;71767476
    about 10mile etc...we shall see!
    [/QUOTE]

Woohoo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

Ok that's great you've both promised , swore and guarAnteed us all a ten mile, and then a half...... Cool!... I'm a witness...!

[HTML][/HTML]
    aigster wrote: »
    Ok that's great you've both promised , swore and guarAnteed us all a ten mile, and then a half...... Cool!... I'm a witness...!

WHAT?? Did I miss something???

Tuesday 19/4/11

20 mins ( apx?)...2 miles

Alternated 1xlap (300 mtrs?) with faster 1x 200m lap.

No idea how many we did but felt good to be finished the laps (esp 200 mtr ones)

Am not very technical so that may make no sense!

Definatly feels good to bring a new dimension to the weekly runs, amazing way all these tips that people mention are actually true and it just takes a while for me to realise and try them.

There was a mention tonight of even heading up over the next few weeks to try a crawl up a nearby hill (/mountain) in a park nearby.:eek: Although I hear there are 2 young ladies to be found tearing up and down those hills on a regular basis. Perhaps on second thoughts I will stick to those hills for playground visiting purposes only!!:D

Anyway felt great afterwards, well spent 20 mins in the just getting dark time of night. Supposed to be 20+ degrees tomorow so will enjoy my rest day in the sun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Tuesday 19/4/11

20 mins ( apx?)...2 miles

Alternated 1xlap (300 mtrs?) with faster 1x 200m lap.

No idea how many we did but felt good to be finished the laps (esp 200 mtr ones)

Am not very technical so that may make no sense!

Definatly feels good to bring a new dimension to the weekly runs, amazing way all these tips that people mention are actually true and it just takes a while for me to realise and try them.

There was a mention tonight of even heading up over the next few weeks to try a crawl jog/run up a nearby hill (/mountain) in a park nearby.:eek: Although I hear there are 2 young ladies to be found tearing up and down those hills on a regular basis. I cannot wait to join in on the fun Perhaps on second thoughts I will stick to those hills for playground visiting purposes only!!:D

Anyway felt great afterwards, well spent 20 mins in the just getting dark time of night. Supposed to be 20+ degrees tomorow so will enjoy my rest day in the sun!

FYP :D. Will PM you next time we're going...no excuses now!!

Advertisement