Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c25k 2 half...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

maria74 wrote: »
    No running since Sunday...life just seems to be getting in the way..getting busier and busier.
    Hope I can get out for at least 1 run over the weekend and maybe class tomorow. (posting it might mean I make the time to do it!:D)

Was logging on to post the same!!
    We'll make a super effort for Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Friday 13/5/11

1 hour class. Some running, sprints, ab work.

No run since Sunday but the class with others was more attractive than a run..am defiantly missing my running partner.

Sunday 15/5/11

6 miles (1.16 apx?).

Short stretching breaks at 2/4/6K for what is becoming a more persistant niggle in lower left leg :mad:

Nice run and at times felt effortless (which is what I like)

Wind was hard for 1st 3 miles and I was thinking of the guys in Kildare...hope the wind wasnt as bad there. :)

Fantastic run Maria, well done!

Tuesday 17/5/11
    2/2.5K run with sprints and slower paces alternating (Garmin died so even less technical than usual!!:))

Friday 20/5/11
    1 hour Class with some sprints, running, abs and leg exercises

Meant to get out for another run this week but as is a common occurance at the moment life got in the way. Variety of reasons (study, sick kids, work blah, blah...):D

Will get out Sunday for LSR but again time constraints may mean wont get planned 8 miles in.

Not end of world though!

Next week will be busiest week of year in work..but aim to get out 3 times...:rolleyes:

Thursday 26/5/11

3 miles nice and slow :)

Took an unofficial but needed break from work and headed out for a short run.

Hasnt helped with the work block, but has definatly helped my mood.

After a week off with no running (due to busyness/laziness and a variety of others ness's) felt good to be back out there and niggles in knee, hips etc all rested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Thursday 26/5/11

After a week off with no running (due to busyness/laziness and a variety of others ness's) felt good to be back out there and niggles in knee, hips etc all rested.
    I was the same llast week. But sometimes we just need to take a break. Works wonders

Thursday 26/5/11

Well done! Well deserved break!

Friday 27/5/11

1 hour class...running, legs and abs

Enjoyed this, bit like football training (not that I have ever played football), my fav type of class.

Going to sign up for 3 classes a week for next couple of weeks, should be fun :D

And hopefully will get out for a couple of runs a week too, but no real plans. Flora MM next week, but no real desire to sign up for anything else?

Just hope to enjoy my runs over next few weeks (oh and hit the elusive 10 mile run I have been planning since December!!!:rolleyes:)

Saturday 28/5/11

6k (with couple short walk breaks)

Tough run, especially last 2k and Ilovered had to encourage/bully and almost carry me for this (ended up running (?) up and down middle of footall pitch) ...thanks tho :o

Had that 'what am I doing' feeling near the end, indeed it was uttered aloud to said running partner (who was smiling as she sailed ahead!!)

Cue the excuses for this one: hills? Ilovered running like the wind as I dragged behind??:p, head cold?? breathing??(they are numerous as per...)

Anyway gad to have got out. It all counts!!:D

Saturday 28/5/11

6k (with couple short walk breaks)

Tough run, especially last 2k and Ilovered had to encourage/bully and almost carry me for this (ended up running (?) up and down middle of footall pitch) ...thanks tho :o

Had that 'what am I doing' feeling near the end, indeed it was uttered aloud to said running partner (who was smiling as she sailed ahead!!)

Cue the excuses for this one: hills? Ilovered running like the wind as I dragged behind??:p, head cold?? breathing??(they are numerous as per...)

Anyway gad to have got out. It all counts!!:D

You could be a part time story-teller on the side, you have a great imagination! :p Dont think it was quite like that.

• Advertisement

Havent ran in a week!:(

Did 2 classes during the week though with some running in those (does that count?)

Mini marathon on Monday and rotten cold and cough seems to be re-appearing after 2 day break (strange sudden change of season this evening may play a role in this)

On the upside, always good to have the excuses queing up to make an appearance post run on Monday!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Good luck tomorrow! I'm doing the mini-marathon too and my preparation the past week hasn't been great but looking forward to it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

Hey , enjoy 2moro... You'll have a great day , great event.... More experience and more miles in legs...finish strong!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Best of luck tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Good luck tomorrow Maria. Above all enjoy it :)

Mini Marathon today (oohhh M word!):p

1st 4K were so hard, breathing very bad and wasn't sure I could do it.
    Once I hit 5k, things got somuch better and I felt great!

1.17 (apx)...TBC. 2/3 mins better than Aware 10K and 4mins better than GIR! All headed in right direction.

Thanks for all the advice, I enjoyed it! Great atmosphere, great organisation and great route (little hills!!):D

And I also finished strong!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

brilliant work, your deffo moving in right direction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MarySamsonite

That's fantastic, well done. You must be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

fair play to you! It was a great atmosphere wasn't it.

well done Maria! great running!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nice running and hope you enjoyed the day

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

great stuff girl, onwards and upwards now from here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Just catching up Maria. well done on the MM you did great.

Well havent got much/any running to log over last week.;)

Did 2 classes last week though and another tonight.

Hopefully get back into running now and hope to head out tomorow for a short one.

Tuesday 14/6/11

2 miles on a beautiful sunny morning. NIce easy pacenand enjoyed this. :)

If only I could do this every day it could set me me up perfectly for the rest of the day.

Wednesday 15/6/11

1 hour class, mostly upper body/strength work.

Is warm out there!

Saturday 18/6/11

4.4 miles.

Tough enough today, quite warm out. Stopped at 20 mins, 30 mins and 40 for 1 min and walked.

Today had strange pain across my left foot? :confused: so just had to be careful of it.

Walked last part (.4 miles) but ended up running some as I am slow at running but walking is just painfully slow!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Dont worry for a single second about walking Maria - loads and loads of people follow Jeff Galloways run walk plans for marathons!

There is no silly rule saying you have to run every step! Being out and about in the sun is what you want :)

Wednesday: 1 hour class (lots of running)

Thursday: 2 miles (at the beach while the kids and dog played in the sand...have to take it while you can!)

Sunday: 5 miles in Skerries, as I watched the triathlon around me :)

Am taking a break from timing, races etc and am plodding along doing a bit here and there and I have to say I am enjoying running again!

Vaggabond you are so right, getting out there in the sun is what it is all about.

Today was a great run, warm but a lovely breeze at the coast. Not sure if it was the inspiration from seeing the people around doing the triathlon, or meeting Ilovered as she finished her run and I was only starting :D but today was a good day! Could have gone on longer but ran out of water and I was so thirsty, and wanted to get home and bring out the kids out on such a lovely day!

So plan for next couple of weeks is to run when I feel like it, couple of miles here and there and apart from that...who knows!!!:p

• Advertisement

Tuesday 28/6/11

3 miles on a warm, sunny morning, by the beach...nothing like it!:D

Bit humid and could feel my breathing suffering for 1st 2 miles, so did 10/1 run/walk and made myself walk full minute.

Worked out good and definatly cleared my head for hitting the books after.

Advertisement