Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cheapest xbox 360?

• 09-11-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

Does anyone know where to get the cheapest new xbox 360?

I know in asda in NI they cost 130 pounds and comes with 4gb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Darkphenom wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to get the cheapest new xbox 360?

I know in asda in NI they cost 130 pounds and comes with 4gb

theres a few of these threads now in the last week and everyone said the same thing and dont go for the 4gb

unless you plan on not going on xbl or saving more than one game practically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Darkphenom

I have done some research into this and the 4gb one seems to be better.

From what I can gather the only difference between
    1.) 4gb --- Matt black finish --- Has no hard drive

2.) 250gb --- Glossy black finish --- Has a 250 gb hard drive

I dont mind going for the plain finish. But the hard drive I would like soooo...

I can add in a 120gb hard drive (standard 2.5 inch laptop hard drive) and with some small adjustments I have a much cheaper system that does exactly what I want.

This is what I plan on doing in the next week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I have done some research into this and the 4gb one seems to be better.

From what I can gather the only difference between
    1.) 4gb --- Matt black finish --- Has no hard drive

2.) 250gb --- Glossy black finish --- Has a 250 gb hard drive

I dont mind going for the plain finish. But the hard drive I would like soooo...

I can add in a 120gb hard drive (standard 2.5 inch laptop hard drive) and with some small adjustments I have a much cheaper system that does exactly what I want.

This is what I plan on doing in the next week or two.

is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can but you have to know what you are doing and you have to fool the 360 into thinking the hard drive is ligit.

I don't know if that work around still works or gets your 360 banned from Live. I'm not sure if that came in with the update last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Darkphenom

Well there may be other differences between the 2 types of xbox 360 slim - I could be wrong.

I am sure that you can buy a cheap laptop hard drive
    for instance a 250 gb 2.5 inch hard drive costs roughly 50 euro
    a 250 gb xbox hard drive (for slim) costs over 100 euro.

Microsoft still use the same type of hard drive but they have their own firmware that you need for the hard drive to be compatible. There is a way of installing this software. (Guide Here)

Hopefully I will get this console and this is what I plan on doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

EDIT: Sorry didnt see the word 'new' in the OP.
    Ignore....

I just got a second hand xbox 360 60gb for 134.99 on Sunday with a half price second hand game in Gamestop in Dublin if that helps. Everything is in working order and comes with a years warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Well there may be other differences between the 2 types of xbox 360 slim - I could be wrong.

I am sure that you can buy a cheap laptop hard drive
    for instance a 250 gb 2.5 inch hard drive costs roughly 50 euro
    a 250 gb xbox hard drive (for slim) costs over 100 euro.

Microsoft still use the same type of hard drive but they have their own firmware that you need for the hard drive to be compatible. There is a way of installing this software. (Guide Here)

Hopefully I will get this console and this is what I plan on doing.

most places have 4gb for 200e and 250gb for c250e......why not just spend your 50e on the 250gb xbox then?

Advertisement