Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test says im Pregnant!

Options
  • 09-11-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi
    just done a pregnancy test there and it says im pregnant. Im happy but scared at the same time. Myself and boyfriend decided to ttc recently and it has happend on the second try...really wasnt expecting it to happen so quickly! So what do i do from here? when should i make appointment with the doctor etc?....
    Also i am terrified telling my parents - which is silly really because we are both 23 and we are together 6years and own our own house but still dreading it - have other people had experience with this - were do you start, what do you say!?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

First of all, congrats!!!

I'd say give it a week or so before you go to your doc as if it's very early it might not show up on their tests. Then decide what hospital, public, semi private or private and make a booking after seeing your doc.

I'm sure your parents will be thrilled for you both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

Congratulations - its a great feeling, eh?

I'd agree, give it a few days to a week before going to the doc. At mine, the line was still fairly faint and scared the life outta me (though I believe the doc's ones aren't quite as sensitive as over the counter ones).

In relation to the telling the parents thing, I (kinda) know where you're at. Slightly different in my case in that I'm 29 and he's 32 (but like you, own house, together a number of years) but I always knew the folks would prefer us to be married etc...
    We decided to try 15mths ago, and I was freaked about even telling them that.... think they were dissapointed, but after fifteen months with no luck (and at least the intention to marry - a ring!), they were just chuffed when it happened. They surprised me, so hopefully you'll get a similar response. Explain to them that it wasn't an accident, that it was something you discussed and came to a decision on, that you can provide a solid home etc... and they'll hopefully just be delighted to have a grandchild on the way!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

woohooo congratulations :D I've nothing more to add, How Strange covered it all really.

No matter how much you were planning it, it's still a shocker when you see it on a test result isn't it? :D

I'd say your parents are expecting it. You've been together so long and have your own house, sure they're only waiting for the news. It's up to you when you tell though. Most peeps wait till 12 weeks, especially on the first, but others tell sooner.

Advertisement