Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent (but quick!) question about grass on decking

Options
  • 09-11-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

After seaching for a new place to rent, I have just found THE perfect place with one little snag. I have a little dog and the back garden of the house is 95% decking. Problem is I need some small area of grass out the back for my 4-legged friend to "do the business" on.

Is it possible to buy (and if so, where) a tray of grass turf or similar that could sit on top of the decking without rotting it and without withering away? (I'd only need a few square metres).

Any and all help/advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

B&Q sell roll turf in small rolls, not sure if it's a seasonal product?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Train the dog to use a litter tray. I have a large dog & he does his business in a litter tray (he was 2 yrs old before I trained him). I use a large plastic dog bed lined with gravel.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ponder013

I have 2 small dogs and a concrete back yard. They don't seem to mind getting down to business on the concrete. Your dog will get used to the deck.

I grow grass in a bucket though, because dogs like to eat it sometimes.

They other thing to bear in mind is that if you walk your dog twice a day, it won't have to use the back yard that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

hey Ponder thats a rasper of a reply
    The dogs will get used to urinating and soiling the deck
    Go for a walk your dog can soil public areas, no bother
    (Unless your like one of the many responsible dog walkers who clean up their dog sh1t)
    Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

you can get few rolls of turf in garden center, but the problem is that the grass new few inches of soil to grow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement