Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

negative pregnancy test after positive?

Options
  • 09-11-2010 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

hey girls, i had a faint positive on a one step home pregnancy test at 9 days past ovulation (definately had colour and not an evaporation line) and today at 10 days past ovulation a had a negative at 8 am, i did only go to bed at 3 am though and didnt sleep well, so i am thinking maybe i didnt have urine concentrated enough? could be a false positive, but the thing is i tested with a ovulation predictor kit yesterday and today just to see and they were both positive which i know can be a sign of pregnancy, a friend on another site had a positive then negative pregnancy test and then a few days later it was positive again, and ive had other people say its possible, i had a temperature dip at 9 Days past ovulation too, my temperature has been up since i ovulated with only the dip at 9 day past ovulation, any input? thanks ladies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

If you had a positive one day and then a negative the next, I would say that maybe the 2nd test wasn't as sensitive as the first or your pee wasn't concentrated enough on the 2nd test.

Wait a day or 2 and invest in a first response test, they seem to be the most sensitive. I wouldn't bother with a digi when testing early. I used a first response and got a positive, used a digi with the same specimin of wee and it came up negative.

Its unlikely that you had a false positive reading if you did the test correctly, however false negatives can be very common, especially when testing before your missed period.

Do you have any other pregnancy symptoms?

Good luck and let us know how you get on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

With my son I had a positive pregnancy test in the evening and then a negative one in the morning for almost a week, finally on the Thursday morning that test came up as positive too. Congratulations OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm the exact same. Had a positive last night (day 30 but cycles are a bit mad after coming off the pill) but a negative this morning. Wrecked tired, feel really nauseous and have awful sore boobs so really hoping it's positive. Fingers crossed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 DR HOUSE

thanks ladies! nebody im the same i came of the pill in june only one period since, im on cycle day 52!! so annoying! i had a big fat negative this morning if i tilt the test i can see a shadow but nothing really there, i have heartburn, nausea, lots of twinges on my left side, feeling very hungry in the mornings and feel sick if i dont eat every hour, very burpy too :pac: pee is very smelly too i read that that can be i sign but probably only noticing it because im sniffing the pee now!! :rolleyes: oh and both my boobs feel like they got an elbow into them! nipples are ok but boobs feel bruised ugh!

Think we're twins Dr House!!! Had another positive last night, was super happy. Woke up this morning absolutely knackered and then when i went to the toilet there was blood when i wiped. Dunno what to think, it's defo brown blood and not really too periody like but clearly I'm freaking out! Took today of work and waiting for a doctors appointment later, fingers crossed it's not serious. Hoping against hope that it's implanation or something, can't even think about the alternative

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 DR HOUSE

oh fingers crossed for you nebody, keep us posted! ive no tests left i will test if i dont get my period, i might sneak to the chemist ill see! i had stretchy cervical mucus this morning with a streak of whisky/orangy colour in it, doesnt look like blood but it must be??? xx

Fingers crossed it's not Dr House, i had brown blood (like the end of a period). It got heavier during the day and we went to the doc last night and he said it was more than likely a miscarriage and to see how things progressed over night. He gave us a letter to go to hospital with today if we needed. Unfortunately the bleeding got much worse over night and all tests are neg so think it's over. Upset but i'm figuring than if we got pregnant once we'll get pregnant again.

Best of luck to you Dr House I really hope than everything works out for you and that you're actually pregnant, x

Advertisement