Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random disconnection from wifi on my desire hd

• 09-11-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

An issue I am having is:

I will connect my phone to wifi it will connect fine and tell me I am connected.
    I could then later on go into the market and try download something I will have wifi bars but the item will pause download. I then come back out to check if my wifi is still connected and it will say authenticating but doesnt change so I then turn the wifi off and back on. It connects again this time when I go back into the market to download something it works fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Yep, I get random (but frequent enough to annoy:() drop-offs from my wi-fi network...have checked coverage (using downloaded Wi Fi manager app) and seems to be strong enough...62% approx......

Bit of a pain, am presuming its the phone and not the Eircom supplied router....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Different phone, but this happens to me at home too, but not in other places. I think it must be my router :(.

I have an app called "wifi fixer classic" which seems to solve it by resetting the connection or something... still a pain though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

Yep, I get random (but frequent enough to annoy:() drop-offs from my wi-fi network...have checked coverage (using downloaded Wi Fi manager app) and seems to be strong enough...62% approx......

Bit of a pain, am presuming its the phone and not the Eircom supplied router....:confused:

I am with digiweb and I have a zyxel router. I will check how strong my signal is tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Me with Eircom and have a Zyxel router too.....
    coincidence ??? :eek:
    maybe not the phone??

Me with Eircom and have a Zyxel router too.....
    coincidence ??? :eek:
    maybe not the phone??

Just in my folks house now and they are with eircom and their router is Zyxel as well but I aint having any issues here. My folks router model number is
    P-660HW-T1 v3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Anybody with wifi issues should check using the analyzer if there are neighbouring routers operating on the same channel...

Anybody with wifi issues should check using the analyzer if there are neighbouring routers operating on the same channel...

What do you mean mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Sorry to drag this one up again. Having the same trouble where my wifi is showing full bars and a couple of minutes later nothing. It's more or less moving between the bars constantly.

I'm also having 3 (the network) signal issues. Living in Crumlin where I'd expect to be good coverage but I have -113db at the moment. Basically no signal. I don't think it's the phone as I didn't notice the signal issue in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

funnyclub wrote: »
    What do you mean mate?

Wifi is so popular now that if you live in an apartment block for example you can end up with your wifi using the same channel as a near neighbour. I saw this problem with a friend who had poor laptop connectivity. Changing the wifi router channel solved it.

Ok just to update this I have resolved the issue of my zyxel router by changing the security type from wpa-psk to wep.

Wep isnt as secure as wpa-psk but it suites consoles and portable devices better. Since I have changed I havnt been disconnected from the wireless.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement