Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent (but quick!) question about getting grass on decking for dog

Options
  • 09-11-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

After seaching for a new place to rent for ages, I have just found THE perfect place with one little snag. I have a little dog and the back garden of the house is 95% decking. Problem is I need some small area of grass out the back for my 4-legged friend to "do the business" on.

Is it possible to buy (and if so, where) a tray of grass turf or similar that could sit on top of the decking without rotting it and without withering away? (I'd only need a few square metres).

Any and all help/advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

not sure tbh. you could try getting a sand pit for him/her? you'll have to change the sand frequently for hygiene reasons. a small bit of grass would wither away from the animal waste and unless you buy the turf rolls, you won't get it to grow in the winter. I don't know if they even sell those rolls this time of year. lots of people have no grass, concrete dog runs etc with no problems. it just takes a little more cleaning from you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

Thanks adser. Any more suggestions/alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I've heard of people using the equivelent of a large litter tray with grass in it for their dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 keli

You can buy rolled up sods of grass in most garden centers but it needs to be laid on soil. It will die if it's laid on wood and make a serious mess on your deck. Dogs dont necessarily need grass in their back garden, I presume you'll be walking him at least once a day. Just invest in a shovel for your new back yard :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I actually wouldnt bother with getting grass at all. Buy some potted plants and small trees in pots for them to have a sniff at and cock their leg :D Dogs dont need grass to go to the toilet. Itll actually be more hygienic without it to be honest. You could buy a little pot of grass and grow it so that he can munch on too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

If it were me I'd just take the dog out the front on a lead to do it's business and clean up as you go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 babydollbabe

what about getting dog potty grass ??

check them on amazon !!!

Advertisement