Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activities for retired people- Waterford

• 09-11-2010 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

This is actually harder than you'd think. I'd ordinarily suggest volunteer work but that's not even easy to get these days.

I feel sorry for him though, he should be abroad playing golf and swimming daily.

What I will say though is that he's not alone in his situation...so why doesn't he set up some kind of group that meets every other day?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Would he like the gym?
    When I was in one I used to see a few older people that would come in a the same time most days do a few minutes exercise and then go have a sauna/jacuzzi i say this because there was 3 or 4 of them and they all used have chat and could be there for ages. Id say it really broke up the day for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

What part of Waterford is he based .

There are alotments been shared and care for out around Ballybeg and talks of trying to start up another one around the city ,if that is something he might be interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Lots of bridge clubs around the town. Some play during the day, although most in the evening. Apparently it can become quite an obsession after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Get him a camera and a book on starting photography. It'll prompt him to get out into the great outdoors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Theres a Men's group in Manor St John, (Not sure of their exact age range I would reckon maybe late 50s to 70s). They do many different activities art classes, gardening, computer classes, trips. If you would like anymore info PM me and I can send you on a contact number.

Advertisement