Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway

Options
  • 09-11-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Last evening I bought a Subway sandwich with a couple friends, and went to my friends house to eat. On eating I felt a small, solid object while taking a bite. I pulled it out and found about a third of a white cotton bud in it. Immediately I went back to the shop but they couldn't really say much about it, and obviously I didn't want a free one, so they told me to come back when the manager is in, 10am to 6pm. I've taken pictures of the sandwich and cotton bud, and will keep the sandwich itself for as long as possible in case they want it. I can't imagine it'll keep too long even in my fridge though.

What rights can I expect to have here? I imagine there should be pretty strict rules with food preparation/provision. Does anybody have a precedent to this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd reckon you have the right to some subway vouchers and a refund.

It's just one of those things, there's not a lot can be done with it only the manager should make sure the staff are in suitable clothes and hair nets. (you should mention that)

I once found a screw in an ice cream cone, didn't stop me eating the ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

What sub did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

danwhite88 wrote: »
    What sub did you get?
    Subway Club. Rarely eat Subway so I just got what my mate got. Plus a cotton bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

danwhite88 wrote: »
    What sub did you get?

Man i was thinking the exact same thing.

A few years back I went to the Groody Subway in Limerick and both my friend and I noticed that there were little black insects on the lettuce in both our subs. Needless to say not impressed, manager swept sandwiches away from us and offered refund immediately- what she said was 'at this time of year the lettuce is bad'. Haven't been back since, absolutely disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭thebullkf

sounds nasty... see what manager says,maybe escalate to head office if not satisfied?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Eugh....if the manager of the fanchise does not give a satisfactory result:
    (from the subway website)

We welcome your comments and questions and want to hear about your experiences at SUBWAY® stores.

Comments and Questions: [ click here ]

Address:
    SUBWAY® - UK & Ireland Head Office
    Subway Realty Limited
    Chaston House
    Mill Court
    Hinton Way
    Great Shelford
    Cambridgeshire
    CB22 5LD

Email: info@subway.co.uk
    Tel: +44 (0)1223 550820