Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia postgrad in primary education

Options
  • 09-11-2010 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I reallly want to change careers from secondary teaching to primary teaching.... I want to know if there is anyone out there in the same situation? I am really interested in siting the hounours irish in June but worried I've left it too late to start preparations for it. Changing careers is SO scary. Love teaching but feel I'm better suited to the primary system. The course I am most interested in is the Hibernia one. sounds like it would suit me!! is there anyone out there that has accomplished what I'm about to attempt!!!???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 namelessweirdo

Hi, I havent done the Hibernia course but I had thought about it. But what with the costs and everything, well i couldn't afford it and wasnt sure whether to go into teaching or not. I did go back and do the Honours Irish though last year (i was 22 at the time). I figured I had nothing to loose, even if I didn't go into teaching, I had always wanted to be good at Irish anyway. I went to a couple of conversational Irish classes, 2 grinds classes and 1 revision course in GMIT and I got the honour, a C2 I think. I have never been to the Gaeltacht in my life either, so I thought it was alright!

I only spent a couple of months properly studying to achieve this so I think if you aren't aiming for an A or something then a few months is enough. Im naturally quite good at languages, though not amazing, but I was never too great at Irish. I bought a book on Irish grammar and got some notes on the poems on the course from a girl I know who had done the honours and got some notes and a mock oral from the revision course. Then I spent a few months studying and I got on fine, so I reckon you should give it a go! Good luck!

Advertisement