Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Places to Rent in Drogheda

Options
  • 09-11-2010 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am starting work in Drogheda shortly.

I haven't a clue of the town at all. Was only there once in my life.

I am looking for advice on where is best to rent in the town?

Ideally:
    nice area with other young professions that is quite during the week
    near enough to Dunore Rd as thats where I am working
    Safe
    Reasonable rent
    modern housing

Also where are the areas to avoid and what is the average rent in Drogheda at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What are you willing to pay per month?
    How many bedrooms do you want?
    Or do you want to house share?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

What are you willing to pay per month?
    anything up to 85 euro/week

How many bedrooms do you want?
    Just the one for myself

Or do you want to house share?
    Yeah definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Check out houses in the Grangerath area or Brynstown manor, they are modern enough.
    Most houses in and around the donore road area are older houses and so are the estates.
    Many modern houses are on the outskirts of the town area.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Beautiful North facing one bed residence to let . OFCH , (no boiler) can supply Shetland pony to keep the grass down . Suit homeless person awaiting decision on Habitual Residence Condition . Newly scanned and printed BER certificate .

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Romka

I would suggest to look at Avourwen estate, I live here myself. Newly built and very economical for ESB and GAS. Very close to Donore road and M1 as well. Do not know if there are any apartments for rent at the moment..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Thanks for all the replies.

I will look into the Avourwen Estate and see is there anything available there, it would be really handy.

I have heard of a few places to stay well away from like Moneymore, Yellowbatter and the Twenties.

Is there any local paper the publishes a housing list of places to rent in the town at all?
    Have been keeping an eye on daft.ie but was wondering is there another local paper/website that provides renting information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Check out http://www.droghedaleader.ie/ and the local Drogheda Independent. If you don't drive a few of those places may be a good walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerrywhiz2

Rented there only for 6 months, left now, couldnt wait to get out of there, cant believe how many of the residents just love to bitch and gossip, stay away find somewhere with a bit of class and decency, what a dump

Advertisement