Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGE: The Shinji Ikari raising project.

Options
  • 09-11-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

Anybody read this yet? I have only read a little. I dislike the idea that Rei is Shinjis distant relative but I am liking the smack she gave him after him seeing her naked. :p

Asuka's attitude towards Shinji is kind of sweet too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I read the first volume months ago, can't really remember it now >_> I have the 2nd volume but haven't got round to reading it yet.

*makes a note to read more*

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is it almost as good as Re-Take?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I've the first 4 volumes, it's decent enough. Light hearted slice of life rather than... well normal NGE :P

It's not really like Re-Take at all Kiki.
    (prob not a spoiler but just in case) it's as if the universe was the normal world where he bumps into Rei on the way to school and Asuka is his childhood friend you see a snippet of during one of the last mindfook episodes of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I am liking the character of Asuka in this, still energetic but a lot more like a regular girl. Rei has been further humanised which is also a good thing in a way although I am a big Rei fan :-p . It's kind of odd that Rei is Shinjis love interest and a distant relative though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 alanmoore

I've not read it yet.. Im thinking about to read it now so that i can reply on your post again..

• Advertisement

alanmoore wrote: »
    I've not read it yet.. Im thinking about to read it now so that i can reply on your post again..

Haha nice spam :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Ah, I read the 2nd volume since I lasted posted in this. I quite like it - the lightheartedness is a nice contrast to the original story. I'm intrigued as to where it's going to go as there are still many elements of the original to be developed.

Spotting this thread has reminded me to read the next volume :P

I have reas up to volume 7 so far. The manly spirit of Gendo is displayed soon :D.

Advertisement