Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LUNG CANCER GONE, NOW HAVE A SPOT ON LIVER

Options
  • 10-11-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

My mum had half her lung removed due to non small cell cancer in May this year, and went thru 3 courses of chemo. The current scan showed that the cancer is gone from the lung, but it showed that there is a spot on the liver. I would like to know if anyone has an idea how fast this cancer spreads. She is looking so healthy and eats and sleeps well. She even goes for short walks. The doctors are not very helpful in telling us anything. Advice would be appreciated.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I'm afraid that you really will have to go back to your doctors about this. Without access to the scans that they took it's really not possible for us to even begin to assess what's going on. It's just too complicated a situation for us to be of any use to you.

Hope things work out ok for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Agreed, her doctors are the only people who can tell you what is going on here.

Sometimes it can be quite overwhelming to take in all what you are bring told at a doctor's visit. I'd advise you to write down all your concerns/queries so that you can refer to your list at her next visit and make sure you are not forgetting anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

you will have to speak to the medical team about this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement