Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Fi.G.H.T.S. Ep. 2: GGXXAC tourney, 20.11.10 (CXC)

Options
  • 10-11-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

Project Fi.G.H.T.S. Episode 2: Operation:let'srock

49039222.jpg

Project Fi.G.H.T.S. returns at Clash X Counter with Guilty Gear XX Accent Core. The current plan is to start the tournament at 1pm, but this is subject to change depending on the schedule. The standard Project Fi.G.H.T.S. rules apply:

Tournament format is groups into double elimination.
    All matches except for the grand final will be decided by a single game.
    The grand final will be best two out of three.
    Button binding is OK.
    Character selection is completely free. (and by that I mean players can change characters at will, even after winning a game - they still can't pick Kliff, Justice or the Gold or EX characters)

Entry will be free and the PS2 version will be used. Get hype (?)(!)(?)(!!)(?!)(one)(!?)(eleven).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Might have to get some practice in on the Wii version so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I hope I win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Shall I bring along my S-video lead?

Alpha 3 was painful on the old eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I don't think it'll be necessary, DS has some PS2-compatible component cables.

Why only one game for deciding matches, you running a tight schedule?

What's the prizes?

• Advertisement

Two reasons, really - firstly, there'll most likely be only one setup available and secondly, it isn't meant to be wholly serious in the first place, hence the relaxed character selection rules.

As for prizes, don't expect too much - maybe a few Kit-Kats or something along those lines for the winner.

Heh sounds good, thanks for replying

Wait when you say character selection is "completely free" does that mean some kid can pick GOLD SOL and OMGLULZ his way to the bank? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

"Heaven or Hell, let's Ro--" SLASHHH

Wait when you say character selection is "completely free" does that mean some kid can pick GOLD SOL and OMGLULZ his way to the bank? :pac:

Oops - that'll teach me to copy and paste from the SFA3 rules. Fixed now.

• Advertisement

Ah, that makes a lot more sense.

Phew xD

Results:

1. Akodet (Anji)
    2. Stu (Sol, Potemkin)
    =3. Yreval (Potemkin)
    =3. Scavenger XIII (Baiken)
    =5. Orim (May)
    =5. Chuey (Sol)
    =5. Voa (Potemkin)
    =5. Ian McTetly (Sol)

I switched the top eight bracket to a single elimination format to make sure this was finished in time for the start of the BBCS tournament. Turns out I needn't have bothered, as it started over two hours late. In any case, congratulations to Akodet/Cloudpaul (who was rewarded for his victory with a Snickers) and thanks to everyone who took part, especially to Orim who gave me a very close game in our quarter-final match.

Keep your eyes peeled for Project Fi.G.H.T.S. Episode 3: The Cakey Runback, coming next month...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Good tournament. Kind of disappointed now that I never gave Guilty Gear more time as it seems like a fun game.

Yeah it's great game, pity not many play it

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Sorry about the big delay with BB (and other main tourney games) Robert, I promise we'll do what we can to sort that out next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Forever 5th.

Raging I didn't bring them Eddie shenanigans

Advertisement