Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single father looking for info on applying for guardianship.

Options
  • 09-11-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

I recently separated from my sons moher.I have been looking into the Guardianship issue.My question is this-which court do you apply to if your child is living in a different county?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I recently separated from my sons moher.I have been looking into the Guardianship issue.My question is this-which court do you apply to if your child is living in a different county?

Contact your solicitor and they will set it up for you, more than likely in your area. I am not sure what the situation is for if you wish to have it closer to the mother for compromising reasons. You will have to speak to them about that.

I wish you the best! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

My understanding is it will be held in the jurisdiction where the child resides. You should check it out with a family law solicitor.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Contact your local Free Legal Advice Centre at this link

You don't need to spend a fortune on solicitors when the money can be spent on your child. You can apply for guardianship for free.

Good luck!

Advertisement