Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Blackburn

Options
  • 10-11-2010 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

After the dissapointment of last night its Blackburn up next. Iam sure Big Sam will have a few tricks up his sleeve and after watching the display against Sunderland will surely try to attack us. Its not going to be an easy game and I hope we are not drifting in to a Liverpool type slump.
    Iam sure Harry wants to rest a few of his top players but he knows he cant really afford to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

This is a must win game, simple as...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

pav picked up a back injury so is out. it just gets worse and worse for us. harry is hoping keane to be back so we can have a striker on the bench, thats how bad it is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

trust me we will beat blackburn

we usually play well every second home game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If we dont win this game we may as well forget about 4th again. Liverpool are level on points with us now (and could go 3 up tonight) and City + Arsenal are streaking ahead. Anything other than 3 points - and I hate to play the drama-queen here - would be catastrophic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

THFC wrote: »
    If we dont win this game we may as well forget about 4th again.

To be honest, it is going to take a miracle effort to get 4th now anyway. We have dropped far too many silly points against poor sides too early in the year for me to even think about 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

but everyone ahead of us has been dropping silly point too.
    Its the most open start to the season in years.
    Liverpool were 3rd bottom 2 weeks ago!!

gar wrote: »
    but everyone ahead of us has been dropping silly point too.
    Its the most open start to the season in years.
    Liverpool were 3rd bottom 2 weeks ago!!

i totally agree gar

this always happens before christmas.....anyone who loses 2 games in a row, their next game is a 'must win' and if they don't win their 'season is over'

people gotta remember that everyone is dropping points

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Ormus wrote: »
    people gotta remember that everyone is dropping points

But they dont all have aspirations of finishing in the top 4.

Hatch99 wrote: »

haha yeah but it is ALL of them......so by definition that means both the teams who do have such aspirations AND those who don't

even chelsea have lost twice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Well bar Arsenal, a few draws went in our favour tonight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Well bar Arsenal, a few draws went in our favour tonight!!
    True,could have been a lot worse in fairness,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hatch99 wrote: »

Plus, we still haven't played Liverpool, Chelsea, or Arsenal. As Hatch said earlier, we've dropped stupid points, particularly at home (Sunderland, Everton, Wigan, etc) and our away form is hardly anything to be happy about. We need to start winning, but more importantly, we need to start playing good football from the back. There's no point in our midfield and strikers doing the hard work when the defenders can't do what they're on the pitch to do. If we don't, we have no chance of getting any sort of consistency or making up the points we've lost.

Anyway, Blackburn are going to be physical, worse than Bolton as they'll definitely only have one up front, and will be all over Bale. If Lennon is out, we'll have no real pace either. I can see this being a score draw again.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Just a heads up to anyone headin over for this one. A lot of transport disruption in and around London this weekend.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=weekend

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/travel/news/travel-update-blackburn-111110.html

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

THFC wrote: »
    If we dont win this game we may as well forget about 4th again. Liverpool are level on points with us now (and could go 3 up tonight) and City + Arsenal are streaking ahead. Anything other than 3 points - and I hate to play the drama-queen here - would be catastrophic.

I hate to be a typically gloomy Spurs fan but I think fourth is already beyond our grasp. We should be 7-10 points ahead of the likes of Liverpool, Bolton and so on. We had the chances and the games to do it.
    A lot of people are saying it will be all set to rights when JD and Dawson return but I have my doubts on that too.
    Like all Spurs fans we live in hope.
    COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 killianoreilly

Anyone know decent places to get tickets for spurs games in WHL?? Heading over for the Liverpool game but dont want to get scammed by a tout!!

Eamo71 wrote: »
    I hate to be a typically gloomy Spurs fan but I think fourth is already beyond our grasp. We should be 7-10 points ahead of the likes of Liverpool, Bolton and so on. We had the chances and the games to do it.
    A lot of people are saying it will be all set to rights when JD and Dawson return but I have my doubts on that too.
    Like all Spurs fans we live in hope.
    COYS!

believe me 4th is not out of our grasp.....it wouldnt even be out of our grasp if we lost our next 4 games.....its tabloid talk to start that kinda thing this early in the season.....i can assure you there are still 38 games in the season and we havent even played a third of them

the nature of it is that any time we lose a game our chance of getting 4th decreases......but the teams going for 4th are not consistent....like us.....it wont be out of our grasp before february

it goes from bad to worse

Tottenham could have an entire team out injured and only one fit striker for the Barclays Premier League game with Blackburn.
    Eight players are definitely sidelined, with a further three rated doubtful, including Tom Huddlestone (ankle), Roman Pavlyuchenko (back) and David Bentley (calf).

mickman wrote: »
    it goes from bad to worse

Tottenham could have an entire team out injured and only one fit striker for the Barclays Premier League game with Blackburn.
    Eight players are definitely sidelined, with a further three rated doubtful, including Tom Huddlestone (ankle), Roman Pavlyuchenko (back) and David Bentley (calf).

hmm its a bit worrying but they make it sound worse than it is.....we could have an entire team missing......that doesn't mean we will have the entire team missing

Gomes, Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, BAE, Jenas, Modric, Sandro, Bale, VDV, Crouch

Subs: Cudicini, Bassong, Corluka, Kranjcar, Pav

hmm its a bit worrying but they make it sound worse than it is.....we could have an entire team missing......that doesn't mean we will have the entire team missing

Gomes, Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, BAE, Jenas, Modric, Sandro, Bale, VDV, Crouch

Subs: Cudicini, Bassong, Corluka, Kranjcar, Pav

i understand what the article says ormus :-)

i understand what the article says ormus :-)

good man

• Advertisement

good man

maybe you should post more than 48 times ormus to develop an attitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

Have stuck a bet down on this match for a Spurs win as I cant fathom us losing another game at home - but I have a baaaad feeling, especially after Blackburn's win over Newcastle, they're doing well at the mo.

CYOS!!!! PLEASE!

maybe you're right mickman

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

This board is for all of us and our opinions irrespective of amount of posts or anything else for that matter.

Attack the post not the poster please

If you have issues with a post report it or pm me.

all the best

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

Mullo76 wrote: »
    This board is for all of us and our opinions irrespective of amount of posts or anything else for that matter.

all the best

Mark

Mark Mullan o2?

all the best

Mark

thanks mark
    he wasn't really attacking me though
    not a scrape on me
    just banter
    we are all friends of the mighty spurs

thanks mark
    he wasn't really attacking me though
    not a scrape on me
    just banter
    we are all friends of the mighty spurs

Indeed. Dont think I was "attacking " the poster?

Anyway, I think a draw is on the cards tomorrow, again

Indeed. Dont think I was "attacking " the poster?

Anyway, I think a draw is on the cards tomorrow, again

"maybe you should post more than 48 times ormus to develop an attitude!" - aimed at poster

"I disagree with x in your post because" - aimed at post.

Heading over in the morning with the youngfella so going to be optimistic and say 3-1 win.

This comment is for everyone -

problems with mod comments etc please keep to PM and report function. Remember we do this in our time to keep the community going and just want things to run smoothly and for us all to benefit from the board which I think a lot have esp with help for tickets and travel.

Mark Mullan o2?

afraid not man.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

afraid not man.:)

Alan Mullery - now aged 76????

Advertisement