Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jim Corr and Ian R Crane - Final Meltdown

• 10-11-2010 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi all

thought some of you might be interested in knowing that Jim Corr and Ian R Crane are currently doing a number of talks throughout Ireland and will be speaking in the Ashling Hotel Dublin on Nov 11th at 7pm...costs 10 euro on the door

The talk is called "the final meltdown - death of a nation" and focusses mainly on the financial crisis in Ireland and the reasons behind it.

FYI I am not associated with Jim or Ian; just thought you boards conspiracy theorists might like to know about this!

cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭silkworm53

Juicee wrote: »
    Hi all

thought some of you might be interested in knowing that Jim Corr and Ian R Crane are currently doing a number of talks throughout Ireland and will be speaking in the Ashling Hotel Dublin on Nov 11th at 7pm...costs 10 euro on the door

The talk is called "the final meltdown - death of a nation" and focusses mainly on the financial crisis in Ireland and the reasons behind it.

FYI I am not associated with Jim or Ian; just thought you boards conspiracy theorists might like to know about this!

cheers :)

Corr's moonbat views are always good for a chuckle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Jim -terribly nice but dim - Corr!

How much does he earn a year again? And now he's charging €10 to tell you the country's fcuked. What a chancer, maybe he could get a few gigs with his old band "Who's Eddie" out in the Ashling while he's at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I see they were speaking in Dundalk last night.. would have went along if I had known about it beforehand. Don't see what the problem is with charging a tenner either.. if people want to pay then why not? Better way to spend a few hours than at a Lady Gaga concert anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

I see they were speaking in Dundalk last night.. would have went along if I had known about it beforehand. Don't see what the problem is with charging a tenner either.. if people want to pay then why not? Better way to spend a few hours than at a Lady Gaga concert anyway

Lady Gaga is a better man than Jim Corr will ever be! :pac:

Going along to see if Lady Gaga really did have a cock would be much more informative than listening to a prat like Jim Corr for an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

I was at the talk on Friday in Derry. It was really a basic introduction into conspiracy theories but was still intresting. Ian Crane is a good speaker and well worth a listen. It was only Jim's fourth or fifth public speaking appearance I think and he was composed and got his point accross.

And for anyone who said he doing it for the money is a numpty imo. He's done his reputation more harm than good for standing up and speaking out about what he believes in, right or wrong. If more people in this country had the balls and compassion that this man has the country would be a better place. Save your ire for the people that deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

studiorat wrote: »
    Going along to see if Lady Gaga really did have a cock would be much more informative than listening to a prat like Jim Corr for an hour.

I wouldnt go to either to be honest hate both of them. But 304 million people have viewed her video on youtube. So in popularity stakes....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭silkworm53

Do you think there will be any surprise guests?

The Grand Master of the Supreme Society of Egelloc will surely arrive in disguise along with his lizard shape-shifting bodyguard minions to keep an eye on Jim and on everyone else should they get ideas above their station as sentinels of the Illuminati and Committee of 300.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Lady Gaga is a better man than Jim Corr will ever be! :pac:

That is true if you enjoy watching something disturbing happening befgore your eyes like a thing that dshould not be lol
    At least Jim Corr will be saying something interesting be it true or false.
    Lady gaga sings about her papas rocket and telephone mind control...
    Its all depending what you are interested in i guess.
    Both are forms of entertainment imo.One makes you think and the other does the opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Folks, there's no need for insulting Corr or Crane. And if you've no interest at all in this, then there's little point posting here.

• Advertisement

I wonder who sells more CDs and DVDs these days? Crane or Corr?

I'd have to agree with Torakx and say it really is an entertainment racket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

I wonder who sells more CDs and DVDs these days? Crane or Corr?

I'd have to agree with Torakx and say it really is an entertainment racket.

Hardly.

He stated on Highland Radio last week that any profits ( of which there are likely to be little after costs are incurred ( @ 50-100 people per night at tenner a head ) will go to the Buncrana music festival.
    Why would someone who has millions in the bank take to the road , risk his reputation for what ultimately is a pittance ??
    As for the Silkworm quoting that nonsense about lizards etc, can you please point me in the direction of where Jim has said he believes in this??

A direct quote from his website...

"To clarify occasional disinformation in the main stream media -- I do NOT have an opinion on shape shifting reptilians, lizard people nor aliens, nor do I believe I have ever mentioned these subjects publicly."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Jim -terribly nice but dim - Corr!

How much does he earn a year again? And now he's charging €10 to tell you the country's fcuked. What a chancer, maybe he could get a few gigs with his old band "Who's Eddie" out in the Ashling while he's at it.
    ha ha ha,nice.
    I was tempted to head down to the dundalk one as i live there but a curry chip butty won out in the battle of where my money would be better spent.

A wise decision on my part i think

seannash wrote: »
    ha ha ha,nice.
    I was tempted to head down to the dundalk one as i live there but a curry chip butty won out in the battle of where my money would be better spent.

A wise decision on my part i think

How very droll. I'm no fan of either Corr nor Crane, but I would have happily attended the talk had I known it was on, just to experience it if nothing else. I reckon I'd agree with about 0% of what they say, but at least I'd have something to discuss with others should a discussion on it ever arise, rather than glorifying a chip butty with a view to belittling the people taking the time to give such talks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

How very droll. I'm no fan of either Corr nor Crane, but I would have happily attended the talk had I known it was on, just to experience it if nothing else. I reckon I'd agree with about 0% of what they say, but at least I'd have something to discuss with others should a discussion on it ever arise, rather than glorifying a chip butty with a view to belittling the people taking the time to give such talks.
    Feck sake,Lighten up will ya.
    As your familiar with Dundalk you'll no doubt have gotten the whos eddie joke aswell.

Also its my opinion that id get more sense out of a chip butty,and im allowed express my opinion.

seannash wrote: »
    Feck sake,Lighten up will ya.
    As your familiar with Dundalk you'll no doubt have gotten the whos eddie joke aswell.

Also its my opinion that id get more sense out of a chip butty,and im allowed express my opinion.

Sorry.. you are entitled to your opinion. It's just that this thread seems like a simple notice for anyone who may be interested in attending the talk, not as a platform for ridicule of the people giving it. God knows the man is subjected to enough vitriol on other fora here.

And yep, I got the Who's Eddie reference :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

And for anyone who said he doing it for the money is a numpty imo

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0930/corrj.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

Lab_Mouse wrote: »

35 million + worldwide album sales. €1.3 million :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

35 million + worldwide album sales. €1.3 million :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    predates the news report.Any more recent updates on his finances or do you think he is going to go the FMOTL route?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Jim Corr's finances aren't the topic of conversation here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

I went to this talk a couple of weeks ago at the Ashling Hotel - Jim Corr was brain numbing - it was painful, I get the impression he searched for 9/11 on you tube, looked at 100's of videos and believed everything.

Ian was very good, some interesting points but he loses it when he starts going into the spiritual end talking about Mayan prophecies etc...

The whole talk is without any evidence just carefully placed you tube videos, quotes & hearsay.

Also its about 10% Irish economy 90% illuminati / New world order bull...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Lab_Mouse wrote: »

Sharon Corr, or one of them was on the news recently claiming she was getting twitter updates whenever anyone illegally downloaded her new album.

Frankly she should just be delighted anyone's listening to her bland Americanised MOR lite country rock.

Tomtata wrote: »
    I went to this talk a couple of weeks ago at the Ashling Hotel - Jim Corr was brain numbing - it was painful, I get the impression he searched for 9/11 on you tube, looked at 100's of videos and believed everything.

Ian was very good, some interesting points but he loses it when he starts going into the spiritual end talking about Mayan prophecies etc...

The whole talk is without any evidence just carefully placed you tube videos, quotes & hearsay.

Corr went on the radio and stated that he'd been "researching" for the last year. Priceless, spending a year surfing the net and trying to convince you that he is some sort of authority on 911 'cause he's watched the whole of You Tube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I would be interested in hearing these guys. But I do think Corr may be off his nut and I have no desire to give them €10.

humanji wrote: »
    Jim Corr's finances aren't the topic of conversation here.

Although he's missing a trick if he doesn't record a new version of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyggY_R3jU8

and open his talks with it

It's all about cross media promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

I don't doubt Jim Corr's sincerity.Some of the stuff be believes is a little off the wall but some of it is very plausible.I seen him on the Late Late show and he was ridiculed.He's paid a high price for his beliefs.Either you believe what he's saying or you don't.Don't personalize it by calling him a nutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Was there many skeptics there or were they preaching to the choir so to speak?

Did any one give them a grilling or ask any difficult/interesting questions or were most buying into what they had to say?

I would be interested in hearing what they have to say but the exercise would be pointless unless there were people challenging them on their claims.

todolist wrote: »
    I don't doubt Jim Corr's sincerity.Some of the stuff be believes is a little off the wall but some of it is very plausible.I seen him on the Late Late show and he was ridiculed.He's paid a high price for his beliefs.Either you believe what he's saying or you don't.Don't personalize it by calling him a nutter.

Look adults can believe in the tooth fairy if they like. But stand up on national television and say that the rest of us should believe it too, then it's not going to be pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I'm broke myself, but would have liked to have gone along to see the talk had I found out on time and had the money, even if it didn't chime with my own views.

I haven't been around here in a while, with good reason it would seem as this forum is seemingly populated largely by strange people who are on some sort of odd ego trip.
    <SNIP>

This forum is as redundant as the majority of the former work force of Ireland.
    For all the talk of improvements a few months ago nothings changed and until it does I'll steer clear for the most part.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

It was the Saturday Show. And he a idiot. Much of what he spouts has been exposed as incorrect.

Di0genes wrote: »
    It was the Saturday Show. And he a idiot. Much of what he spouts has been exposed as incorrect.

Lots of stuff has been exposed as incorrect but have still had a major impact on people, and life in general. Early alchemists were viewed as lunatics and heathens.. even contemporary scientists are often pushed to the fringes only to be proven correct posthumously. I'm not trying to say that Corr may be correct, but the mentality of those unwilling to listen has not changed much.

Lots of stuff has been exposed as incorrect but have still had a major impact on people, and life in general. Early alchemists were viewed as lunatics and heathens..

And were generally found out as being incorrect.
    even contemporary scientists are often pushed to the fringes only to be proven correct posthumously. I'm not trying to say that Corr may be correct, but the mentality of those unwilling to listen has not changed much.

Which is nice and all, lets not wave in the direct of other people being correct, as proof Jim Corr could be correct as well.

Lets judge Corr on the merits of his own arguments, and on that basis, his position is just laughable littered with stuff that has been exposed as false years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I always find it funny when the brainwashed sheep laughs and ridicules somebody who has actually done some research on the topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭COUCH WARRIOR

Lots of stuff has been exposed as incorrect but have still had a major impact on people, and life in general. Early alchemists were viewed as lunatics and heathens.. even contemporary scientists are often pushed to the fringes only to be proven correct posthumously. I'm not trying to say that Corr may be correct, but the mentality of those unwilling to listen has not changed much.

Am I missing something? They were lunatics not sure about heathens though, but not scientists

profitius wrote: »
    I always find it funny when the brainwashed sheep laughs and ridicules somebody who has actually done some research on the topic.

And I find it even funnier when someone claims they've "researched" a subject and come out with idiotic declarations of "facts" about said subject that are demonstratively untrue.

The litany of bull**** that spews forth from Jim Corr is proof of the old joke
    What do you call a drummer with half a brain?

Gifted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Di0genes wrote:
    Much of what he spouts has been exposed as incorrect.
    I'm not trying to say that Corr may be correct, but the mentality of those unwilling to listen has not changed much.

But what people are saying is they did listen and he was talking rubbish??

Anyway what I find funny is that Jim Corr has absolutely no background to be credible in this area. I mean he was a drummer in a pop band, the only information he has is what he picks up off websites. Its not like he was privileged to top secret information or seedy underground talks. He literally read a couple of articles and saw some videos.

I mean to say that there are a couple of people pulling the strings at the top, and they are so powerful that they can control all major and minor news outlets, pharmaceutical companies, airlines etc is pretty ridiculous? If they were that powerful surely Jim Corr would have been bumped off by now in a tragic "drumming accident".

The Corrs drummer was pretty tasty... i.e. Jim isn't the drummer. Guitar and keyboards I believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

As per Humanji's warning in post #11:

Folks, there's no need for insulting Corr or Crane. And if you've no interest at all in this, then there's little point posting here.

This is the last time such a warning will be issued in this thread. From now on it is infractions and/or bans.

yekahs wrote: »
    As per Humanji's warning in post #11:

This is the last time such a warning will be issued in this thread. From now on it is infractions and/or bans.

Sorry but this is grossly unfair. Jim Corr happily accuses people of committing mass murder and genocide based on flimsy or bogus evidence, and you're worried about us hurting his feelings.

Sauce for the the goose etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Sorry but this is grossly unfair. Jim Corr happily accuses people of committing mass murder and genocide based on flimsy or bogus evidence, and you're worried about us hurting his feelings.

You can dismiss his ideas and how true or otherwise his facts are to your hearts content

But making it personal is a no no, same as if you were talking about another Boardsie

Civility isn't a difficult concept and I don't understand why people have so much trouble with it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

silkworm53 wrote: »
    Do you think there will be any surprise guests?

The Grand Master of the Supreme Society of Egelloc will surely arrive in disguise along with his lizard shape-shifting bodyguard minions to keep an eye on Jim and on everyone else should they get ideas above their station as sentinels of the Illuminati and Committee of 300.:D

I see someone just got their journalism degree...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

Well the thing is although I think that 9/11 was not an inside job as such. I do think that mass-manslaugter was committed as most of the attack could/should of been stopped and wasn't. If keeping the issue alive one days leads to negligent manslaughter charges against your beloved authority figures who should of used all their military power to SAVE lives that day. Then good man Jim Corr. It seems to be the only way we might ever get a decent investigation in future.

One more thing, are you honestly implying that the 9/11 were not used as justification for the murder of 1 million Iraqis for oil?

Because you can't have it both ways. Either you slavishly adore and defend authority figures (like most of the anti-CT folks on this board) or you judge them from issue to issue. So which is it?

I personally may not believe that 9/11 was an inside job - but I have no doubt that the NeoCons are a shower of psychopatic opertunists who loved when it happened even if they had nothing to do with causing it directly. It was the event they had wet dreams at night fantasing about.

So which is it? You instinctually adore and serve politicians no matter what or you judge them from issue to issue?

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    Well the thing is although I think that 9/11 was not an inside job as such. I do think that mass-manslaugter was committed as most of the attack could/should of been stopped and wasn't. If keeping the issue alive one days leads to negligent manslaughter charges against your beloved authority figures who should of used all their military power to SAVE lives that day. Then good man Jim Corr. It seems to be the only way we might ever get a decent investigation in future.

One more thing, are you honestly implying that the 9/11 were not used as justification for the murder of 1 million Iraqis for oil?

Because you can't have it both ways. Either you slavishly adore and defend authority figures (like most of the anti-CT folks on this board) or you judge them from issue to issue. So which is it?

There is an alternative view point, you feel that wittering on about no planes, and explosives in the towers, is a distraction to the real issues about the run up and justification of the war and how it was carried out.
    So which is it? You instinctually adore and serve politicians no matter what or you judge them from issue to issue?

The fact that you don't seem to think there's an alternative view point, that I can suspect politicians motives and ideology, and not think 9/11 was an inside job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Jim gets mentioned on coast to coast am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Lol this sound like 2 guys trying to drawing blood for stones.
    there making us pay to be told that were fcuked, when we could of save that 10e and been a little better off.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

ColHol wrote: »
    But what people are saying is they did listen and he was talking rubbish??

Anyway what I find funny is that Jim Corr has absolutely no background to be credible in this area. I mean he was a drummer in a pop band, the only information he has is what he picks up off websites. Its not like he was privileged to top secret information or seedy underground talks. He literally read a couple of articles and saw some videos.

I mean to say that there are a couple of people pulling the strings at the top, and they are so powerful that they can control all major and minor news outlets, pharmaceutical companies, airlines etc is pretty ridiculous? If they were that powerful surely Jim Corr would have been bumped off by now in a tragic "drumming accident".

I went to see the show and to be honest Jim doesnt have the back ground but comes across really well. I dont agree with everything he says but large portions are factually correct.

Ian Crane who does have years of experience and does have the back ground comes across as a bit out there with large portions of hear say and makey upy facts.

A lot of what Jim said would happen with regards Ireland the IMF and the ECB came true within a few weeks of the show.

Granted this could be seen by anyone who takes 10mins to study financial history and how booms and busts are manufactured to make large sums of money for a small elite group. Which makes it all the stranger that they can keep doing it.

Advertisement