Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Irish Weather Online' website

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Well done Wolfe.A very user friendly website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

good site. saved to favourites:)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Best of Luck with the site, Bookmarked and storm link from site posted to facebook :D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

Best of luck with it, Wolfe.
    Will recommend it to some mates.
    Looks very well.

Will it be able to predict snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Booms wrote: »
    Best of luck with it, Wolfe.
    Will recommend it to some mates.
    Looks very well.

Will it be able to predict snow?
    thanks Booms:)

as for snow predictions, I have enlisted the help of a human model calculator, named MT Cranium. He is solar powered. Calculator was made in Canada though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Bookmarked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Great site!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Wolfe, Good luck with the site, two requests
    one, keep it it easier to navigate than IWN (especially if you do a forum)
    two, post some pictures of the Storm from your wounderful vantage point in the Banner County! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Good job Wolfe - liked on the book of faces!:D

Fiskar wrote: »
    Wolfe, Good luck with the site, two requests
    one, keep it it easier to navigate than IWN (especially if you do a forum)
    two, post some pictures of the Storm from your wounderful vantage point in the Banner County! :D
    Camera is being charged up Fiskar. Pictures of mountain ash swaying more than Crystal Swing on the way tomorrow eve:)

As for a forum, I think nobody does it better than you lot here and my loyalty is to this forum.

I will concentrate on making the site a news and infromation portal more than anything with image/video contributions from visitors. There is a requirement for an Irish weather news site. Actually, I do not think there is one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

very nice site lots of info on it.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

love the site!! congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Well done & good luck with the site. Good but important early publicity too with the Irish Examiner piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Just had a decent look at your site there, really impressive, stands out from other sites. When's the Android app available?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

wow, this is great guys. well done! one thing, could we get more long range pressure charts up there? link to something like this perhaps? apologies if i have missed it on the site

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel1.html

Thanks inabina.

There will be a section dedicated to medium and long range weather models. Site is only 4 days old and new sections are being added every day.
    Will get that section organised as soon possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

and you got a mention on the 4pm news on Radio Kerry aswell ...

Congrats on the new site

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

the introduction of another weather service will no doubt irk the national meteorological service

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

My husband tells me you got a mention on radio Nova too, he was all excited cos' they mentioned Boards and he knows I'm always on it, he wasn't aware there were more "freaks" like me out there...:D

By the way the site looks fab, I must dig out my camera for this years winter and go for some walks - should we be lucky enough to get anything interesting falling from above.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Just a quick line to anyone with online live feeds for their weather stations.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would be in a position for me to link and/share your online date on the 'live weather' section of www.irishweatheronline.com.

The reason for my request is pretty straight forward.

I received written approval last week from an online provider of data for numerous independently operated stations throughout Ireland. This evening, however, I was asked by the said provider to remove the data which, although very disappointing and regrettable, is a decision that they are entitled to make and I am obliged to abide by.

Anyone who might be able to help me out can pm me. Please note that the site is a non commercial entity and does NOT seek to profit from any information you may be able to provide in terms of online weather station data.

Thanks in advance and apologies to trogdor and weathercheck for using the forum for such a request.

Regards,

Wolfe

Another story in the Examiner today and irish mirror
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/weather-website-hits-the-spot-136622.html

Thanks to Mickger for the help on waterford City data.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Great stuff Wolfe well done, the site has really taken off, amazing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Amazing PR -in such a short space of time - keep up the good work!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Another mention for the website in the Sunday Times weather section. Basically the theme of the piece is that last years cold winter is set for a sequel, with the website being mentioned and also M.T gets a mention too. Well done Wolfe.

Nice write up for MT's winter prediction in the Irish Daily Star today.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Well done Wolfe, great site!
    I showed my mother your site and the pictures i took of the arklow raider, well impressed and bookmarked!:D

Thanks Skipz. Free lifetime membership for Mammy Skipz so:)

By the way, anyone with any pics might keep the site in mind. Boards weather forum now linked with a pic on homepage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

What the Star say?

• Advertisement

They simply reported the winter outlook and had a few Q&A's with MT.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement