Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked keys into my car - how to retrieve

Options
  • 10-11-2010 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

Evening all. I did the bright thing of locking my keys into the car tonight. It’s a 2001 Corolla. Any idea how I might go about getting them out? Would prefer not to have to smash a window or bend the door out. Don’t think a slim jim will work as the lock button isn’t old style, i.e. it doesn’t work by pressing down to lock and pulling up to open.

How much does it cost to replace a front drivers door window by the way just in case I end up taking that route?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Are you in the AA or know a friend who is? I believe they can help.

I see you're in Finglas. Surely there is someone there who......(sorry, couldn't resist).

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

Ye AA would be your best bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

You can borrow my hammer...if the AA can't assist, as they really are you best bet. Not sure if a regular locksmith can help, but might be worth giving them a call. They might have a more appropriate contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

motor forum may get better responses...

Do you not have a second key for it somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

ended up geting a locksmith and cost me €75. he had a wedge and a little inflatable thing that he used to prize the door open gradually from the rear to the front without damaging the door frame. getting spare key this weekend. thanks for replies guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

ended up geting a locksmith and cost me €75. he had a wedge and a little inflatable thing that he used to prize the door open gradually from the rear to the front without damaging the door frame. getting spare key this weekend. thanks for replies guys.

same thing happened to me and i went to the guards and they came along with a few tools. not sure if dublin guards would oblige.

Advertisement