Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do on Xmas day if you don't celebrate Christmas?

Options
  • 09-11-2010 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Yeah its a kind of bah humbug thread.

I know this might be a smite him with a lighting bolt moment but some people don't celibrate Xmas, be it due to financial, politics, family reasons or religion. In Asian areas in the Uk, supermarkets remain open Xmas day and that community is growing here, also there are people who just don't get the xmas gig. So apart from staying in to watch the tv or go for a stroll is there anything else you can do in Ireland on Christmas day if your not at church or stuffing your face after opening the presents? Help with soup kitchen maybe??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

contact your local volunteer centre...I'm sure your help will be appreciated somewhere and they can advise you where to look.

why don't you celebrate christmas? nosey I know but you started the thread!:p
    ah no, it's your business, you don't have to tell me.

I love christmas but my mum used to hate it, her dad died couple weeks before christmas when she was only 11. She grew to like it again when she had her own family but she always sheds a tear christmas eve:(

I understand it can be a tough time for some

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Corsendonk wrote: »

Bah Humbug threads are not welcome here.
    I know this might be a smite him with a lighting bolt moment but some people don't celibrate Xmas, be it due to financial, politics, family reasons or religion. who just don't get the xmas gig.

The reason your thread has been closed is your above post.

Politics and Religion have no place here, or your bah humbug thread.

Please read The Charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement