Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playing custom music causes loss of connection on PSN

Options
  • 10-11-2010 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭

Yep you've read that correctly. Another kick in the balls for PSN SF player/s (I think I'm the only one left)

As people may or may not know you can load up a music playlist while in Super Street Fighter 4 and the game automatically lowers the game music to have your own music playing.

You could do this in SF4 also and I enjoy doing this from time to time.

It would appear some update has causes this as it was not like this when I was playing SSF4 heavily around launch. But now after a bit of testing and temper loss, without fail, if I have my own music playing and try to connect to someone online - just as its about to load into the stage the music will start cutting in and out and I'll be presented with a 'The host has left the session' message, or something like that. (The message generally hints that its the other player at fault, causing more initial confusion)

This is a pain in the hole, but at least I know what causes it.

A month or so back when I went to play a quick game I ended up spending over an hour screaming at my TV trying to connect to people and getting real pissed off as my custom soundtrack played away in the background. Clueless that it was the music, and not the internet that was at fault.

Anyway thought I'd put this out there in case there is any other PSN players having the same issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

lol PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

aww man that sucks. I would imagine you'd use the music for a morale boost. "Your the best, around!. Nothings ever gonna bring..." well you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

prenelf wrote: »
    aww man that sucks. I would imagine you'd use the music for a morale boost. "Your the best, around!. Nothings ever gonna bring..." well you get the idea.

thats some tune alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The music cut out when an online match started in Vanilla and I assume it's the same in Super, so its only use was to have something other than Indestructible to listen to between matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Sisko wrote: »
    Yep you've read that correctly. Another kick in the balls for PSN SF player/s (I think I'm the only one left)

As people may or may not know you can load up a music playlist while in Super Street Fighter 4 and the game automatically lowers the game music to have your own music playing.

You could do this in SF4 also and I enjoy doing this from time to time.

It would appear some update has causes this as it was not like this when I was playing SSF4 heavily around launch. But now after a bit of testing and temper loss, without fail, if I have my own music playing and try to connect to someone online - just as its about to load into the stage the music will start cutting in and out and I'll be presented with a 'The host has left the session' message, or something like that. (The message generally hints that its the other player at fault, causing more initial confusion)

This is a pain in the hole, but at least I know what causes it.

A month or so back when I went to play a quick game I ended up spending over an hour screaming at my TV trying to connect to people and getting real pissed off as my custom soundtrack played away in the background. Clueless that it was the music, and not the internet that was at fault.

Anyway thought I'd put this out there in case there is any other PSN players having the same issue.

Naw. Me, Kiki, Hound and sometimes Bush still play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Naw. Me, Kiki, Hound and sometimes Bush still play.

Another 1 for your list. But not by choice :(

Does 360 even allow custom soundtracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

I'm on most evenings about 8 but most folks are gone by that stage :/

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I still play on PSN occasionally as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I use my PS3 to stream music from my mac when playing Streetfighter on the xbox.

I never use the PS3 for streetfighter, Sure that's not what it was designed for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Does 360 even allow custom soundtracks?

yup!

Sagat06 wrote: »
    yup!

Do they cut out once you join an online game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

all 360 games support this.

Intelligent custom music, though is another mater. PGR3 did but i swear an update got rid of it.

streaming from a pc playlist of 1000 plus tracks always caused me problems though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

The music cut out when an online match started in Vanilla and I assume it's the same in Super, so its only use was to have something other than Indestructible to listen to between matches.

Its not actually. In super, your custom music now replaces the games for online battles also, thats why I use it , or used to use it so much.

It seems to be something to do with the extra HD activity but this all started after an update.

For those of you still playing on PSN, could yeas give this a try and see if yous get the same connectivity issues?

In case its just me.

And trust me, I've experimented enough with this issue to know this is definitely causing it, as ****ing ridiculous as this is. ****ing sony. :rolleyes:

Fergus and Robb, don't think I have yous on my friends list, I'll add yeas next time I'm playing.

Advertisement