Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the last thing you nicked & when was it?

• 10-11-2010 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Mine was in the supermarket a few weeks ago... I usually eat a croissant from the bakery section while I shop. Now, technically it's thieving, but I write it off as a supermarket tax which I feel obliged to charge Tesco while I'm in there.

So, what's the last thing you stole & when?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Didn't pay two months road tax last year.

Everytime I heard a cop siren behind me, I was sure it was for me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

It was probably the bog roll i robbed from college yesterday - free house, spent all my money on drink and remembered there was no bog-roll. Could have gotten real messy, real fast.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

I dont pay for coffee or mufins in college. The meals are so over priced I feel im paying for them that way

Wait a sec, your not some undercover cop whose spent the 3 years building up a cover, just so you can nab us on petty theft??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I accidentally nicked a bag of peanut m&m's from the cinema.
    I put a bag into my pocket meaning to pay for them, forgot I had them, then picked up another bag and paid for the 2nd bag at the counter.

I felt guilty. And after I'd eaten 2 bags of peanut m&m's (to hide the evidence) I felt quite sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

I paid less for a bus ticket than I should have, and then got free banking services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    I dont pay for coffee or mufins in college. The meals are so over priced I feel im paying for them that way

Spoken like a true Cavan woman. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Pad of PostIts from my employer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Hole roll.

Wish I could say I stole something interesting or random, like a JCB or something, but no.

hinault wrote: »
    Pad of PostIts from my employer.

I used to to that to a lad I worked with years ago. I'd nick his Post-Its & leave one on his monitor saying "Need More Post-Its".

Used to drive him nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Public services- I refuse to pay for the LUAS under the circumstances that that I'm cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Star, you don't have as much faith in the AH regs as I do, it would appear .. ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055851353

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Public services- I refuse to pay for the LUAS under the circumstances that that I'm cheap

We all pay for the LUAS - even those of us who've never used it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I borrowed something from my job, to see would it do in my house,i took it off display and was gonna buy a new one if it suited. Then they made redundant, so i kept it.

And no, the two weren't connected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭marglin

last thing i stole was a sandwich from the shop in college, cant afford them prices so there you go....i know i could make my own lunches but i still wudnt have enough for the whole day
    best thing i ever robbed was the new ross book

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Star, you don't have as much faith in the AH regs as I do, it would appear .. ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055851353

Nope. And I stole your thread!

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I borrowed something from my job, to see would it do in my house,i took it off display and was gonna buy a new one if it suited. Then they made redundant, so i kept it.

Was it the company safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

A bottle of some beverage I cannot even remember from across a nightclub counter last week. Very drunk. Walked around with it showing my friends and got caught soon enough obviously. Did not realise that it is the same as shoplifting and had some job talking the bouncer down from calling the guards. Needless to say I am barred.

Last time I stole something before that was when I was nine or ten, a few penny sweets from a shop, got an earful from my mother when she found out and never stole again...until the nightclub incident!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Was it the company safe?

No!!

It was something worth something :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

Ehh... about four years ago in first year of college, I was given €60 by my parents to buy a calculus book. I spent it on drinks as I was accustomed to do at the time. I then went into a certain bookstore in town, stuck it in my bag after pretending to look at it for a while, and walked out. What can ya do? :o

• Advertisement

Mr Marston wrote: »
    Ehh... about four years ago in first year of college, I was given €60 by my parents to buy a calculus book. I spent it on drinks as I was accustomed to do at the time. I then went into a certain bookstore in town, stuck it in my bag after pretending to look at it for a while, and walked out. What can ya do? :o

Go to a library?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Go to a library?? :)

Rhetorically obviously.

Mr Marston wrote: »
    Rhetorically obviously.

Sure, why not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Can't remember anything since the great scrunchies and giant earrings haul of 1992.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Jeez, must be ten years ago or more, from the local Garda Station where I used to sign on, the Cannabis poster they had on the wall in the entrance. It had a pic of a good looking plant and a bit where it told the public to look out for it, especially around Sept.-Oct., and to report when seen. It said 'WANTED' at the top. Seriously. I had to have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Jeez starbelgrade, you are one curious bear!

Last thing I stole... money from my father I suppose. though it was about 1 euro in twenty cent coins :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

50ml of liquid soap from a public jax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

stole a half loaf of bread today cos im broke and was starving at the time... a full loaf would've just been greedy, plus its harder to hide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I suppose last thing i stole of any value, the next door cleaning lady left her mop bucket at front door and i happened to have cracked mine the same week, so i whipped it..:D

Spend 2 visits to scrapyard for an exhaust, it was almost welded due to the condition of the nuts, so i chucked it into the ditch after it was removed from car and came back that night to take it ..:D

A keg, this one was tough, residental area, had to use rope levered on a tree branch to pull keg over high wall from pub..:D

When i was very skint id take the Big roll of toilet paper you get in collage toilets etc, very easy just unlock roll holder with edge of key and there you go about two months of toilet tissue..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 lillykay

Mine was in the supermarket a few weeks ago... I usually eat a croissant from the bakery section while I shop. Now, technically it's thieving, but I write it off as a supermarket tax which I feel obliged to charge Tesco while I'm in there.

So, what's the last thing you stole & when?

aha breakfast at tiffanys tescos :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

i always throw in a few nice croissants into a bag of cheap ones 1/5th the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'd say bus tickets and paper from college

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

cant remember, toilet paper from college years ago or sth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

was using NTL's service illegally for two years , but they scrambled it all last year , and know i have to pay for it , boo hoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Robbed two basketballs a few months ago. Was in the shop, one of the big ones that sell clothes, food, toys, the lot. They have very strict security on the doors, take a look in pretty much every single persons bag on your way out. So yeah, out of curiosity to see if it would work more than anything else, I just walked in, up the escalator, grabbed the two basket balls, then turned straight around and headed back down towards the door dribbling one, with the other under my arm, as I came up to the security guard. He stopped me and asked to look in my bag, which he then had a good route around in, and out I walked with two stolen basket balls in plain view.

I've always meant to go back and try the same thing with like a microwave or portable CD player or something, just to see what happens. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

charlemont wrote: »
    Spend 2 visits to scrapyard for an exhaust, it was almost welded due to the condition of the nuts, so i chucked it into the ditch after it was removed from car and came back that night to take it ..:D

A keg, this one was tough, residental area, had to use rope levered on a tree branch to pull keg over high wall from pub..:D

When i was very skint id take the Big roll of toilet paper you get in collage toilets etc, very easy just unlock roll holder with edge of key and there you go about two months of toilet tissue..:D

You sound like a professional. I really don't think it's keeping in with the amateur thievery spirit of the thread :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Later today I shall be stealing the emergency exit sign from college that has come loose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Spoken like a true Cavan woman. :p

Hey im only in Cavan a month I am and always will be a Dub!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Don't remember the last time I watched or listened to a legitimately acquired film/song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

strobe wrote: »
    Robbed two basketballs a few months ago. Was in the shop, one of the big ones that sell clothes, food, toys, the lot. They have very strict security on the doors, take a look in pretty much every single persons bag on your way out. So yeah, out of curiosity to see if it would work more than anything else, I just walked in, up the escalator, grabbed the two basket balls, then turned straight around and headed back down towards the door dribbling one, with the other under my arm, as I came up to the security guard. He stopped me and asked to look in my bag, which he then had a good route around in, and out I walked with two stolen basket balls in plain view.

I've always meant to go back and try the same thing with like a microwave or portable CD player or something, just to see what happens. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you try it with microwaves, it'll look suspicious if you have two and are trying to bounce one off the ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I recently ate a grape from a supermarket, I panicked and fled the scene!

Now I'm holding up in an attic of a house waiting for the heat to blow over. I have to keep myself alive by drinking water from the boiler up here and eat the various mice I find.

Those coppers ain't taking me alive!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

(. ) (. ) ........ ( .) ( .)

This thread made me realise that I'm going to hell. Your innocence is wonderful, please don't change.

'cptr

God I can't remember the last time I stole but when I was younger we used to go into the local shop, grab a penny sweet bag and throw maybe about 10 in there and then grab a can of coke, a few bars or whatever and proceed to go up to the counter and say, "10penny sweets please". This was despite the fact the bag was barely big enough to fit what I had thrown into it.

Always got away with it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Two pieces of butter from the breakfast place in Dublin airport. I hid them under my toast. I hate being charged 20 cent a pop for a tiny amount of butter when I've already paid for the toast. It's like buying a car then being charged for brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ederkeh

'Men at Work' sign from roadworks beside my house last year. Alcohol was my partner in crime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Didn't pay for a pint in the pub last weekend (or should I say, barman didn't take the money i had left out for the pint). I waited until I had the pint finished and then pocketed the money!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Over 5 years road tax unpaid.
    Started off like a protest against poor roads then I just preferred having the money myself.
    Since bought a new car so back on the grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I've heard of cops who don't tax their car coz they can wave off other cops with their badge.

Myself I have a habit of lifting my friends wallets when their not looking in the pub. I give them back after they've had an anxious few minutes. I could probably make a better living from this if I used my skills for gain:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

dclane wrote: »
    Didn't pay for a pint in the pub last weekend (or should I say, barman didn't take the money i had left out for the pint). I waited until I had the pint finished and then pocketed the money!

That's beautiful but I can top it, I was down to my last €5 in a pub last year so bought my last pint. Got change of a fifty, happy days! Wasn't a computer till either and the place wasn't busy so there was nothing on my conscience about getting the bar woman in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Twenty Euro from my dad. I had gotten a taxi home and realised I was out of money.
    I just replaced the twenty rather than telling him the story, to keep the trust like!

• Advertisement
Advertisement