Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the last thing you nicked & when was it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭travelguru

€12,000 about 1 year ago.. no need to thief anything since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Wasted drunk last Thursday, had a Doner Kebab and cola and walked out without paying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭who what when

Mine was in the supermarket a few weeks ago... I usually eat a croissant from the bakery section while I shop. Now, technically it's thieving, but I write it off as a supermarket tax which I feel obliged to charge Tesco while I'm in there.

So, what's the last thing you stole & when?

Stealing is what scumbags do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Mr Marston wrote: »
    Ehh... about four years ago in first year of college, I was given €60 by my parents to buy a calculus book. I spent it on drinks as I was accustomed to do at the time. I then went into a certain bookstore in town, stuck it in my bag after pretending to look at it for a while, and walked out. What can ya do? :o

Used to fleece Eason's and Hodges Figgis for all my acedemic documentation and drink the cash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Stealing is what scumbags do.

Ah, good work my internet crusader.
    Now onto the next scene where injustice is being carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

When I was in college I robbed 300m meters of paper (It was about a meter and a half wide and ten inches or so wide) from a skip. Drunk as a stick hauled this roll out, over the shoulder and home.

Woke up the next morning, looked at my quarry and rolled it under my bed. It remained there until I was moving out of the gaff. My oul fella was in the house saying how the creche at home was looking for money to buy paper and materials for art. I produced my 300m roll of paper and promptly donated it to the creche.

Heaped with praise I was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Nicked myself while shaving this morning. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I illegally downloaded some Irish band's entire back catalogue there recently.

StarBelsomething-or-other I think they're called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Can't remember but it was definitely a supermarket food item like the OP.

Kids are good for covering your tracks as you can blame them on the empty packet if you're caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Stationary from my former employer.............lots of stationary.

I do remember a mate of mine working in a big store on the Naas Road (its where Woodies is now) it sold furniture and electrical goods. Anyway, two guys arrive to the store, double park at the door and get out. All dressed up as electricians with Phillips on the rear of their Hi-Vis vests.
    They head straight for the 50" plasma (one of the first in Ireland) and proceed to remove it from display. A salesman went over to see what was happening and they got him to sign for them removing it as Phillips had issued a recall due to some type of gas escaping from them.
    They took about 15 minutes to get if wrapped up and loaded and off they went.
    Needless to say they were not from Phillips!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

A girl at a party tried to shove her finger up my arse out of nowhere... So I took her laptop charger.
    I needed one anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I illegally downloaded some Irish band's entire back catalogue there recently.

StarBelsomething-or-other I think they're called.

Shit band - waste of hard drive space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

00112984 wrote: »
    Two pieces of butter from the breakfast place in Dublin airport. I hid them under my toast. I hate being charged 20 cent a pop for a tiny amount of butter when I've already paid for the toast. It's like buying a car then being charged for brakes.
    That is so annoying. I went to Paris a few months back and bought a couple of coffees in McDonalds (the only place I could find open wi-fi... the hotel offered to lease a 200 year old Powerline ethernet modem which clearly wouldn't plug into my iPod) and they wanted like 60c for a stupid UHT milk thingy, each. Scabby fools :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

The last physical thing I remember piking was a Dime bar from an already-opened multipack in the Crumlin shopping centre branch of Quinnsworth (IIRC). Me and my mate were about 12 years old, saw this pack that would end up thrown out anyway and decided to "casually" stuff a bar each up our sleeves and walk out in the most wooden, unnatural way possible.
    As soon as we got outside he was laughing, but I spent the next 5 minutes looking over my shoulder and sweating. Wuss. :rolleyes:

After that, I suppose it was mostly just the obligatory music and the odd film online, which I don't really class as theft (although smarter people differ). Some years ago I did decide never to pay the full ticket fare on the 19A route again, since the bus driver would simply issue the cheaper ticket and rack up a big change ticket for himself at the end of the route. :pac: Then eventually realised that dumping about 97 cent of small change into the machine was sufficient for any Dublin bus ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

A copy of Alan Sugar's autobiography.

Took it from behind the cistern of the bog in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Got a cappuccino and told the cafe lady that it was a black coffee. adrenaline was pumping, Heart rapidly beating but i got away with it and save 35 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Over 5 years road tax unpaid.
    Started off like a protest against poor roads then I just preferred having the money myself.
    Since bought a new car so back on the grid.

Road tax doesn't exist.

I stole my OH's heart over 2 years ago :pac:

sitting in a jar on my desk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Didn't pay two months road tax last year.

Everytime I heard a cop siren behind me, I was sure it was for me :p
    Pfft amateur....i still havent any since Nov....last year! Had a minor incident 2 weeks ago (someone bumped me in their car from behind). Guards arrived and asked if id tax and insurance.

Me (innocent face): no tax guard...eh..its a good bit out.:o
    Guard: ah sure these things happen (looks at my upside down disc). Nov...Nov 09??!! Ah g'wann, get it sorted wont ya. (soundest guard ever)!

Deffo gettin it sorted next week theres no way i can get away with having none for another christmas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Bought a bottle of Lucazade one day for my mate, turned out it was the wrong one. So I went back in and asked could I change it and she said yes. So went down grabbed the extra sized bottle by "accident" and went on my way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Bought a bottle of Lucazade one day for my mate, turned out it was the wrong one. So I went back in and asked could I change it and she said yes. So went down grabbed the extra sized bottle by "accident" and went on my way.

You sir, are worse than Hitler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Spunge wrote: »
    You sir, are worse than Hitler.

So I am told. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

the odd bar of chocolate as a kid.
    anniehoo wrote: »
    Pfft amateur....i still havent any since Nov....last year! Had a minor incident 2 weeks ago (someone bumped me in their car from behind). Guards arrived and asked if id tax and insurance.

Me (innocent face): no tax guard...eh..its a good bit out.:o
    Guard: ah sure these things happen (looks at my upside down disc). Nov...Nov 09??!! Ah g'wann, get it sorted wont ya. (soundest guard ever)!

Deffo gettin it sorted next week theres no way i can get away with having none for another christmas.

you do realise you'll have to pay for all of the last year as well when you go to the motor tax office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I remember robbing a roll of Toffo's when I was 10. Still feel guilty to this day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

A couple of weeks ago I found €2 in the change thingy of the Tesco self service checkout. I took it and put it in a charity tin. It made me feel like Robin Hood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It made me feel like Robin Hood.

Just be careful someone doesn't threaten to blow you up on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

A box of Coco Pops :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I stole a southern fried chicken breast from Morrisons yesterday. Scrawny little thing, £1.09!

And I've been paying a child fare instead of an adult for the past two years.

I robbed a lemon from Tesco once accidentally. It was on my way back from school, I needed it for cooking and for some reason, put it in my blazer pocket. Paid for the rest of the shopping then found that when I got home :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Darraghnormal

every day i put about 50 cent in 5 cents into the bus, then ask for 2.20

Im a sly one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

About a year ago myself and a friend were going camping, spent most of our money on drink & fags so we had to acquire snacks by other means.

Chilli nuts,walkers,galaxys, there's no limit when you have a huge bag.

Good god, I sound like such a scumbag.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

In a pub in Dublin, I was in the ladies and saw a poster on the back of the door. At the time it was REALLY interesting, advertising an event I just HAD to go to. It was in one of those hard plastic covers that get screwed to the door.

So I spent about ten mins unscrewing it with my finger nails, folded it up and stuck it in my bag feeling very pleased with myself.

When I woke up the next day in the hotel I couldn't for the life of me understand why I had robbed it. And my nails were broken and sore. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

the odd bar etc... as a young lad with my lunch.
    pay for the roll and drink and "forget" that you had a bar in your pocket.

the only thing i regularly do to this day is steal one or two sweets from the pix and mix ,"to see if they taste right"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Nothing. I'm not a low-life criminal.

Sad state of affairs that a thread asks what's the "last" thing you've nicked, implying that most who reply have stolen stuff more than once.

EDIT : I lied. I nicked myself shaving @ the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Nothing. I'm not a low-life criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I was getting a 3v voucher the other week in a shop, a girl I knew was working there (she doesn't like me and tortured me and some other girls at school) and kept telling me my card was faulty and I need to get a new one blah blah blah :rolleyes: I was a bit put out so I went on my account to order a new one and found that it actually went through. 100 euro richer :D Did I feel guilty?.. maybe a little but feck it she had it coming to her. Karma works in such wonderful ways ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

When I was in college we were told about a planned fire drill. So, about 20 minutes before the drill I strolled down to the libary, picked out a few books I needed and waited for the alarm. Once the alarm went, the books went in the bag and I went out the emergency exit, bypassing the libary alarm thing that beeps when you havent checked out a book. I used to always get ripped off in that libary with fines/printing fees etc so was delighted to get my moneys worth off them in the end

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »

You can read! :eek: Wow! That's amazing! I'm soooooo impressed I've wet myself.

Will you be learning how to actually type next year, and formulate your own informed opinions the year after, so that you can express yourself with stuff other than dots and make a valid non-ignorant, informed point ?

Best of luck with that!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

A girl at a party tried to shove her finger up my arse out of nowhere... So I took her laptop charger.
    I needed one anyway.

Wait..... WHAT???!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

According to a lot of folk here ; http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056098141

It was yesterday, and it was 70 feckin cents worth of poxy coffe!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

didn't someone on here once nick the toilet blocks out of the urinals in burger king ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysusake

irish-stew wrote: »
    the odd bar of chocolate as a kid.

you do realise you'll have to pay for all of the last year as well when you go to the motor tax office.

Not if ye go down to the station and get it signed by a garda, just tell them it was off the road.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    You can read! :eek: Wow! That's amazing! I'm soooooo impressed I've wet myself.

Will you be learning how to actually type next year, and formulate your own informed opinions the year after, so that you can express yourself with stuff other than dots and make a valid non-ignorant, informed point ?

Best of luck with that!

:rolleyes:

Jesus, calm down man. No wonder nobody likes to go to Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Has anyone ever tried taking some of the fruit from those juice bars? They are just asking to be robbed by passers by. :pac:

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    Jesus, calm down man. No wonder nobody likes to go to Limerick.

You should have quit while you were ahead instead of spouting even more rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

seanbmc wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried taking some of the fruit from those juice bars? They are just asking to be robbed by passers by. :pac:

Who the hell steals fruit?

It's not even edible. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Superquinn has a pick and mix section that is weighed at the checkout, ridiculously overpriced. i fill a bag up and then eat it as i go around doing the rest of my shopping, by the time i get to the till theres about 5 sweets left.

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    I was getting a 3v voucher the other week in a shop, a girl I knew was working there (she doesn't like me and tortured me and some other girls at school) and kept telling me my card was faulty and I need to get a new one blah blah blah :rolleyes: I was a bit put out so I went on my account to order a new one and found that it actually went through. 100 euro richer :D Did I feel guilty?.. maybe a little but feck it she had it coming to her. Karma works in such wonderful ways ;)

I still dont get this... doesnt it mean you're 100 euro down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Who the hell steals fruit?

It's not even edible. :confused:

All that fruit they have at those juice bars....so tempting.

Of course it's edible. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I use one of the scanner guns in superquinn for my shopping. "One for me, one for the gun".....

• Advertisement
Advertisement