Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about Gamestop

Options
  • 10-11-2010 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭

Might sound silly but does anyone know if they accept pre-orders on pre-owned games?

Just thinking that surely some people will trade in new call of duty in the next week or so that don't play online. Would be handy to get it then for €40.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I doubt it really. Knowing Gamestop, Id be shocked if they even let it go for 40 quid second hand in a weeks time. As has been said here lots of times before, the internet is your friend. Its bound to be the cheapest option.

That said COD holds it value like no other franchise. MW2 is still nearly 30 sterling new from Amazon and not much cheaper second hand. I still havent played it because of this. I dont give a massive shít about these games, but Im interested to play them when they are at the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

330w6ip.jpg

Gamestop, ladies and gentlemen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

go to tesco and get it for 43.99

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,609 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, they do not take preorders on any preowned games.
    I know someone has traded in a copy of COD:Black Ops already, they got a bundle with it and a new 360 but wanted one of the limited edition copies, so they traded in the vanilla copy of the game.
    Unfortunately the difference between the new and used copy is only a fiver or so, so it's up to you, no one is twisting your arm, and the game was in Clare Hall yesterday.

And as for Tesco, yup they are selling the game for way beneath the rrp, and losing money on every one sold, but then they still charge 35 quid for PS2 games and have jacked Fable 3 back up to 55 euro, so they make it back elsewhere.
    No such thing as a free lunch people!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No such thing as a free lunch people!
    True, but there is such a thing as being a savvy consumer. Get the deals when they're available, and don't tie yourself to one shop. Shop loyalty gets you no where in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Grayditch wrote: »
    330w6ip.jpg

Gamestop, ladies and gentlemen.

LOL.

About €10 of the first one goes to Gamestop, and €46.66 of the second one goes to them (minus of course what they paid to the person who traded it in)

You can see why people like EA are introducing one time activations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Cheers guys, I think the business of pre-owned games will suffer a massive hit over the next few years when online gaming almost completly overtakes single player offline gaming. Fifa11 is the start of it all with the idea that every single copy has an online code attached to it.

Advertisement