Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course to catch colleges attention.

Options
  • 10-11-2010 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm 26 and have just finished working and will be signing on until college next year. I am hoping to study Arts as a mature student.
    I have a decent LC but have no ideas of the chance of acceptance to a good college as entry requirements for mature students are basically nil am I right?
    What do you have to do to stand out from the crowd? Any distance courses to recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

You may have the LC points to gain acceptance through the CAO for the course you want and so don't have to compete on a mature student basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Entry requirements for mature students are not nil. You are usually not obliged to show LC results, but you need to be able to show that you are able for the course and that you have an interest in the area.

It would be a good idea to find either a course or an activity or both that shows an interest in the area you are applying for. Even though you may not be applying for a fine art or similar course, it might be worth considering putting together a small 'portfolio' showing interest in and knowledge of the subject, also research the course. What aspect of Arts are you intending to pursue?

Advertisement