Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 2x07 "The Greater Good" [SPOILERS]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

A great episode.

5/5

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Overheal wrote: »
    He got owned by Johannsen ffs. And Ginn looks like she can probably handle herself. She's have at least been through as much combat training as the medic. Odd hypothesis, I might watch it again and try to place what relationship the two have. As for Eli I'm not so sure you're right; I stand by my original theory that she could be genuinely attracted to him and to the personality. Though I do suspect you're right in that she's going to eventually bow to pressure to sabotage and spy.

Amanda Perry is still in Gin's body at this point. Since she's been a quadriplegic most of her life I doubt she'll put up any defence at all and will get "pummeled!

Great ep overall. You'd have to wonder how Simeon got away from his guard...does that mean he's already killed/incapacitated him? If he's already done that it'll mean either him or ginn will die I think or at the very least all the LA guys will be locked up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Also, who's idea was it to let the woman drive? :o
    My exact thoughts :) ...."back it up, love, you're six inches off the starboard bow"

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Yakuza wrote: »
    My exact thoughts :) ...."back it up, love, you're six inches off the starboard bow"

And she crashed it, safer drivers my ass!

Excellent EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

fayer wrote: »
    And she crashed it, safer drivers my ass!

Excellent EP!
    that would have to put a major dint in the insurance premium! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rush definitely changed his mind based on the body she was in ;)

Not sure what is going on with the entrance, as for them walking in at the end, probably left the displays running with the pic of the command centre on it

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Am curious to know how Rush was able to operate the controls on the alien ship :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Loved this episode. Finally some progression.... Now to find out what happened to Tel.ford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Eli's gonna go to town on simeon once he gets his hands on him...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,474 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah, Eli had a nice good shout at Rush didn't he? I wonder what he'd do if he was actually pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭builder22

Re: Gin - i suggest that you check out gate world for the next episode...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

somuj wrote: »
    Am curious to know how Rush was able to operate the controls on the alien ship :confused:

'alien technology expert' lol

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm finally up-to-date! Had to watch four episodes within a week due to being on holidays - poor me :D

I liked this one. A lot of the plots that have been brewing are coming to the fore, the most important bit of course being the bridge. I'm curious to see how this will play out. Rush is best placed to control it but he's hardly going to be favourites with anyone. He'll really have pissed off all his fellow scientists - I do like the idea now that maybe Eli can step forward, as a leader for Brody / Park / Volkner.
    Young beating up Rush ... well as unprofessional as he was once more (and I'm convinced this element isn't over yet), Rush had it coming. He endangered many lives and his defence is tenuous at best.

There's also the fact that Destiny has a bigger purpose now, as well as them having control of it. It should remove some of the sense of aimless wandering and bring in focus. There's also potential in T-Bag really causing some havoc on the ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

unnnnnnghghghghhghghhggh

who cares :rolleyes: always one :P

Been watching this series very closely. i've gotta say its taken some time to grow on me, but I have to say its very good.

Im delighted to say that I really enjoyed this episode.
    That chap from the lousin alliance disserves a bullet.

Or why Jaffa the galaxy over spoke in fluent american english?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artistic_license

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

To be fair, Universe has been taking on a more realistic tone, similar to the Stargate film I'd say, and things like that (and the Lucian Alliance speaking) do tend to stand out. Semi-legitimate gripe imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

how about why the lucian alliance guys were using human weaponry, and not Goa'uld technology when they boarded destiny..? it's the little things

whiteman19 wrote: »
    how about why the lucian alliance guys were using human weaponry, and not Goa'uld technology when they boarded destiny..? it's the little things
    Well one, you'd have to explain for newtimers what a Zat'nik'atel is, or a Staff Weapon.

Second, Earth Weapons are effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

well the fact that the Lucian Alliance is in it, when i had no idea who they were in the pilot also needed to be explained. Goa'uld are mentioned, and other stuff from SG1 is mentioned, but not elaborated on eg brain-washing tech, goa'uld motherships
    would it have been so hard to believe that the lucian alliance have spaceships and can have lasers as well? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

If they kill off Ginn i'm done with this show!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

If they kill off Ginn i'm done with this show!!!!!!!
    kill ginn kill ginn kill ginn kill ginn kill ginn :D

only joking, but the writers have a great opportunity here to make a good caracter, a good alien carcater that we can actually relate to, i think they screwed up on atlantis with teyla, this is there opportunity to correct that mistake,

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

I think they're gonna kill Ginn off which will simultaneously kill off Rush's girl. This will get Rush, Eli and Grier nice and mad and will provide them with someone to go after -> action packed episode.

If the above actually happens...

Then if Rush hadn't kept the bridge secret then A. Perry wouldn't have been onboard and wouldn't have died -> he loses another woman he loves to his pursuit of destiny's secrets.
    And Eli should know that what he somehow got is too good to last.
    We won't get any more ratings updates as we shall be losing Mr. Dower.

Looks more likely now that Ginn is
    RIP
    - this show is dead to me now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

wtf Richard could you not of added a spoiler to that whole line

Auvers wrote: »
    wtf Richard could you not of added a spoiler to that whole line

It's spoilered!, what could you possibly read into that unless you read something somewhere else OR you already had guessed the outcome from watching the ep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

It's spoilered!, what could you possibly read into that unless you read something somewhere else OR you already had guessed the outcome from watching the ep.
    nope never read anything as I always go to great lengths not to reveal any spoilers for myself and as you already said in the thread that if anything happened to the redhead you wouldn’t watch the show anymore, so it was pretty easy to decipher your "spoiler" and needless to say I was correct

61 votes? Yeh quiet nerds :pac:

Advertisement