Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angry Birds: Level 4: The Big Setup!

• 10-11-2010 3:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Thats right folks, you heard it here first (or possibly second, because the market apps updating software is so awesome), but the fourth episode of angry birds (a game that is officially more addictive than crack cocaine) has been released for android (at least on the htc desire hd).

I have to go now because I've got my own angry bird beside me now who is threatening to eat my toasted sandwich if I dont stop typing on boards...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Damn! I have 3* on Poached Eggs, Mighty Hoax and 124/135 stars on Danger Above ... Damn you Rovio - am i to have no life? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

Feck it, there goes my day!!
    And I'm similar, have 114/135 on the Mighty Hoax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There's still one more update to come to bring it up to the iPhone version. Then we will hopefully have the themed versions, like Halloween and the apparently upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I only wish you could pay to get rid of the ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I wish it would work properly on the hero!

I hope this new version does...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

chrislad wrote: »
    There's still one more update to come to bring it up to the iPhone version. Then we will hopefully have the themed versions, like Halloween and the apparently upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I only wish you could pay to get rid of the ads.

Airplane mode. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

JustinOval wrote: »
    Airplane mode. ;)

Interesting. I have Tasker so I can set it up so that when I load Angry Birds, it switches to Airplane Mode.

Cheers for the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

JustinOval wrote: »
    Airplane mode. ;)

I just turn off my wifi and 3g and the job is oxo, no ads
    And i can still get calls & texts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

The ads are annoying but for a game this good they're a tiny price to pay. They have to make money somehow. If they don't get paid enough they won't produce the games. Although they probably do get paid enough.

I'd pay for it too if they brought out an ad free version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

steelbar wrote: »
    I just turn off my wifi and 3g and the job is oxo, no ads
    And i can still get calls & texts

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I have an app called Adfree. When I chenged to to Leedroid it was just there and never see any ads in any apps so must be working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

s_carnage wrote: »
    I have an app called Adfree. When I chenged to to Leedroid it was just there and never see any ads in any apps so must be working.

I have that too its great. Need to be rooted to install if anyone is wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

No sign of leedroid on the market ?
    Any links, QR codes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

Lee Droid is a ROM.

Adfeee is the app you need but it wont work unless your phone is rooted.
    If you haven't heard of Lee Droid I doubt your phone is rooted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

The ads are annoying but for a game this good they're a tiny price to pay. They have to make money somehow. If they don't get paid enough they won't produce the games. Although they probably do get paid enough.

I'd pay for it too if they brought out an ad free version.

Yeah, I was prepared to pay for it too. It would be nice to have the option of an ad-free version.

Keith186 wrote: »
    Lee Droid is a ROM.

Adfeee is the app you need but it wont work unless your phone is rooted.
    If you haven't heard of Lee Droid I doubt your phone is rooted.

My phone is rooted! but it's a GT540 so no wonder I hadn't heard of lee droid.
    Just because someone hasn't heard of a particular rom for a particular device doesn't mean they haven't rooted their phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ste- wrote: »
    My phone is rooted! but it's a GT540 so no wonder I hadn't heard of lee droid.
    Just because someone hasn't heard of a particular rom for a particular device doesn't mean they haven't rooted their phone!

It shouldn't matter what rom you have (stock or customised) but as long as you have root it seems to work.

Search for AdFree in the market and let it do it's magic! Sometimes it needs a reboot on some phones to clear the ad cache, but after that no more ads.

Back OT, level 4 looks like fun, but i am just starting level 3 now and finding it hard but still can't put it down!! :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It shouldn't matter what rom you have (stock or customised) but as long as you have root it seems to work.

Search for AdFree in the market and let it do it's magic! Sometimes it needs a reboot on some phones to clear the ad cache, but after that no more ads.

Back OT, level 4 looks like fun, but i am just starting level 3 now and finding it hard but still can't put it down!! :)

Thanks yeah I had found it through lifehacker then the site had a market link.
    For anyone searching check "adfree android" without the quotes.

Am loving Angry birds tho, so simple yet addictive. Can't put it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Anyone having trouble installing the update. When I download it it just won't install and it says to try again. Have done about 10 times but still the same error comes back. The only option I think is to uninstall the game and try it from there but really don't fancy starting from the very beginning all over again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

tis an adictive game, but can be very frustrating, just like an angry bird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I just upgraded Angry Birds to the latest version, to get the new levels, and it wiped out all my current scores. I'm back to the very beginning again. F***ing stupid bloody thing :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement