Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellen Barret - UCC Show

Options
  • 10-11-2010 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Went to see Helen Barret - White Witch this evening in UCC, where she had guest speakers. I wasn't impressed at all to be honest. Found her completely all over the place, spoke of the same thing all night, and every person she "read" was either going to become famous, have a famous child or be very wealthy, :rolleyes: however she had a few guest mediums and pyschics, and there was one I was very impressed with but I never got his name. He had long hair, was tall and was so accurate with certain people, that it chilled me. Just wondering if anyone was there and if they know his name or his whereabouts?

Obviously if you cant name people or mediums here either, Id appreciate if someone could PM it to me too. Not sure if thats ok, but feel free to correct me, Mods, if it isnt!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Its only phone numbers and email that we have a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Went to see Helen Barret - White Witch this evening in UCC, where she had guest speakers. I wasn't impressed at all to be honest. Found her completely all over the place, spoke of the same thing all night, and every person she "read" was either going to become famous, have a famous child or be very wealthy, :rolleyes:

That sounds like her alright. :) Yeah, if her predictions for people are all to be believed, roughly one-third of Corkonians are going to be minted a few years from now. She probably just tells people stuff like that to give them 'hope'.

What same thing did she speak about all night? It wasn't those 'Ghosts of Misdirection', was it?

I love her though - such a great laugh. :D

I PM'd you about that other fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

That sounds like her alright. :) Yeah, if her predictions for people are all to be believed, roughly one-third of Corkonians are going to be minted a few years from now. She probably just tells people stuff like that to give them 'hope'.

What same thing did she speak about all night? It wasn't those 'Ghosts of Misdirection', was it?

I love her though - such a great laugh. :D

I just found her to be all over the place, randomly talking about something but not actually finishing what she was saying. I vaguely remember her speaking about anti gravity, star lines on your hand and Obama made an appearence in the speech too. :rolleyes: Having said that, she seems very nice, but I wouldn't be ringing anyday soon. On the other hand, her guest speakers were very impressive, particularly two of them.

I just found her to be all over the place, randomly talking about something but not actually finishing what she was saying.

I think she's always been like that because, when myself and my ex-gf saw her in Cobh in 2003, she was the same. I call it 'stream-of-consciousness' babble - she just says whatever pops into her head at any given moment and when another thought occurs to her, she suddenly abandons the previous thought in favour of it.
    I vaguely remember her speaking about anti gravity, star lines on your hand and Obama made an appearance in the speech too. :rolleyes:

Obama always gets a mention these days. She has construed his short life line to mean that his health will deteriorate significantly, but he won't die. If his life line had ended in a cross, apparently that would imply an early death alright (as opposed to deteriorating health).

She points out stars in people's palms, which she interprets as worldly success and/or fame. She was saying recently that Batt O' Keeffe could be Ireland's next President because he has a big star in his palm. ;)
    Having said that, she seems very nice, but I wouldn't be ringing anyday soon. On the other hand, her guest speakers were very impressive, particularly two of them.

To her credit, she is a nice woman. Not enough people mention that about her. What was the other guest speaker doing? Not the long-haired bloke. Reading people's palms, or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

I think she's always been like that because, when myself and my ex-gf saw her in Cobh in 2003, she was the same. I call it 'stream-of-consciousness' babble - she just says whatever pops into her head at any given moment and when another thought occurs to her, she suddenly abandons the previous thought in favour of it.

Obama always gets a mention these days. She has construed his short life line to mean that his health will deteriorate significantly, but he won't die. If his life line had ended in a cross, apparently that would imply an early death alright (as opposed to deteriorating health).

She points out stars in people's palms, which she interprets as worldly success and/or fame. She was saying recently that Batt O' Keeffe could be Ireland's next President because he has a big star in his palm. ;)

To her credit, she is a nice woman. Not enough people mention that about her. What was the other guest speaker doing? Not the long-haired bloke. Reading people's palms, or something?

There were about 4 guest speakers, a medium and I think the other woman called herself a healer, basically a talk first and then publically hand picked whoever they felt had an "aura" about them. Interesting enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 s.dunne

I was there the other night with my cousin not a student there or anything like that but I got a brill reading from Fiona the english lady. Im going to see her on Monday as she in Mallow and if i dont get there (time off work????) i will go and see her in limerick. had a small reading with her for about 15mins, she brought through my cousin who died last year and told me how he died - he drowned in an accident - she told me my birthday month, his birthday month, told me about a wedding that was coming up in the family, she didnt get his name but she did name some members of my family and told me what 2 of them did for a living. she knew to much to be fake i couldnt believe it. met her outside at the end to thank her and got her card. so i will let you no how i get on when i go and let you no.

s.dunne wrote: »
    I was there the other night with my cousin not a student there or anything like that but I got a brill reading from Fiona the english lady. Im going to see her on Monday as she in Mallow and if i dont get there (time off work????) i will go and see her in limerick. had a small reading with her for about 15mins, she brought through my cousin who died last year and told me how he died - he drowned in an accident - she told me my birthday month, his birthday month, told me about a wedding that was coming up in the family, she didnt get his name but she did name some members of my family and told me what 2 of them did for a living. she knew to much to be fake i couldnt believe it. met her outside at the end to thank her and got her card. so i will let you no how i get on when i go and let you no.

Is that Fiona Barrett? I think she runs some sort of metaphysical shop either in Mallow or Limerick and she also works as a stress management consultant, or something like that. Is that the same one? She's a pretty 'normal'-looking woman otherwise. Mousy brown hair and in her 40s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 s.dunne

Is that Fiona Barrett? I think she runs some sort of metaphysical shop either in Mallow or Limerick and she also works as a stress management consultant, or something like that. Is that the same one? She's a pretty 'normal'-looking woman otherwise. Mousy brown hair and in her 40s.

yes Fiona Barrett on her business card, very normal looking and seems sincere person, she must colour the hair though as it was dark brown. she got so many details right though it was scary but in a nice way, she didnt seem full of herself like some of them that i went to before. i went to Helen Barrett last time 3years ago for advice on a bad relationship, i went twice in total with a gap of about 9months, found her funny and she cheered me up. I did think both barretts were related when i saw them the other night, but they not. will keep you posted on my reading with Fiona

Advertisement