Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubberbandits Guide to Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

He's not some halfwit scumbag either.

Wha'?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

concussion wrote: »
    Wha'?!

you've got to look at the subtext.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

CiaranMT wrote: »
    What was the name of the spoof they did with a fella called Antnee and his girl, the domestic abuse one where it finishes up with yer wan saying 'I loove you, Antnee!'? Could never find it.

It was the cops transfer programme one cant remember the name tho

Actually im fairly sure to think about it that was The Shams not the bandits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ha ha just watched the video back to see the "disapproving look" as mentioned on joe duffy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

kilburn wrote: »
    Actually im fairly sure to think about it that was The Shams not the bandits

I was thinking it might be alright because every other prank they've done has been easily available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Everybody's entitled to have an opinion on WOD, good or bad. Some criticism is warranted, some isn't.

But at least he got off his a*se and had the balls to defend our city, on a controversial topic, on a high profile national radio show.
    Counts for a lot in my book.

Will we see Noonan, O Donnell, Power or O Sullivan, grow a pair and do the same?

:rolleyes:

I'd hope not given the more pressing issues at hand. Where was Willie O'Dea on all the other occasions, when standing up for our city might have achieved something other than grabbing him a few votes.

Nowhere, that's where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

concussion wrote: »
    Wha'?!

Well, he's a halfwit scumbag compared to you, but who isn't? We can't all have your dapper dress sense and erudition, damn you concussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

RonMexico wrote: »

I'd hope not given the more pressing issues at hand. Where was Willie O'Dea on all the other occasions, when standing up for our city might have achieved something other than grabbing him a few votes.

Nowhere, that's where.

read again, the very first line I wrote

• Advertisement

Willie O Dea won't get my vote, but when he calls canvassing, he'll get a cup of tea and an explanation why.

read again, the very first line I wrote

I did and the point stands. O'Dea going on Liveline today had nothing to do with "balls" and everything to do with opportunistic vote grabbing.

Balls would have been if he stood up for Limerick when it mattered.

Like this time:

"In a Dáil debate on the Shannon stopover, O'Dea did not speak at all despite his continuous criticism of the Government decision in the media."

The only "balls" he has shown is daring to run for election having resigned in disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Lads would ye stop bitchin about Willie O'Dea. The more pressing matter is that Matt Cardles song is about doing heroin on a bus.....so I've heard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

What's amazing about it? Blindboy is only a character, the guy who came up the character and acts it out isn't an idiot. He's not some halfwit scumbag either.

your right and thats not the context I was putting it in (cant remember referring to him as an idiot btw).... what I meant was you had 4 windbags bladdering on about the damage it was doing to the children/image of limerick/social fabric of ireland blah blah blah ...... and on comes Blindboy in character and puts them all back in their box.

Four of them couldn't construct a valid case between them - blindboy does it singlehandly .....

btw when can we start buying to get it to number one

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

RonMexico wrote: »
    I did and the point stands. O'Dea going on Liveline today had nothing to do with "balls" and everything to do with opportunistic vote grabbing.

Balls would have been if he stood up for Limerick when it mattered.

Like this time:

"In a Dáil debate on the Shannon stopover, O'Dea did not speak at all despite his continuous criticism of the Government decision in the media."

The only "balls" he has shown is daring to run for election having resigned in disgrace.

It was, thousands of people are Like Anthony and don't see this song for what it is, especially the older generation which are usually the highest turnout at election time.

You know as well as I do, if he spoke against the Shannon stopover in the Dáil he would've lost the party whip.
    Would the rest of the Limerick TD's do the same if they were in Govt ?
    -Apologies to everyone for going off topic, now back to the rubberbandits

from the 17th of december on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

It really is a storm in a tea-cup. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Well, he's a halfwit scumbag compared to you, but who isn't? We can't all have your dapper dress sense and erudition, damn you concussion.

I won that erudition fair and square in the Prize Bonds and I'm not sharin'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Ceilteach

Surely this is another RTE in-house scam to boost publicity for the song (which I think is hilarious BTW ) . Republic of Telly probably owns the rights to the song. That lad at the start of the liveline show has to be a plant from the bandits toget the semi-comatose liveline crowd going, nobody could be that stupid!
    If it is a plant from The Bandits then kudos to them!

This can only be matched by the stupidity of the bint who complains that her 14 and 15 year old children called her over to look at it on the net and left her disgusted. WTF was she doing letting these immaculate little kids watch the internet unsupervised? The more I listen to this Liveline show, the more I`m convincedthat all the guests, Willie included, are in on the scam. It`s a stitch up to boost publicity
    The Rubberbandit at the end made absolutely bits of the first lad, no way the the line "do you know what irony is - it's a joke - exactly,!" was not a set-up. Willie O'Dea doesn't know who Evelyn Burke is???? No way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Well, the bandits wrote the song a few years ago at least. It seems they used Republic of telly as a platform to make a break for the music video for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Ceilteach wrote: »
    Surely this is another RTE in-house scam to boost publicity for the song (which I think is hilarious BTW ) . Republic of Telly probably owns the rights to the song. That lad at the start of the liveline show has to be a plant from the bandits toget the semi-comatose liveline crowd going, nobody could be that stupid!
    If it is a plant from The Bandits then kudos to them!

This can only be matched by the stupidity of the bint who complains that her 14 and 15 year old children called her over to look at it on the net and left her disgusted. WTF was she doing letting these immaculate little kids watch the internet unsupervised? The more I listen to this Liveline show, the more I`m convincedthat all the guests, Willie included, are in on the scam. It`s a stitch up to boost publicity
    The Rubberbandit at the end made absolutely bits of the first lad, no way the the line "do you know what irony is - it's a joke - exactly,!" was not a set-up. Willie O'Dea doesn't know who Evelyn Burke is???? No way.

I doubt that. Rubberbandits had the song recorded months ago, before they were ever on republic of telly. They've been doing it live for ages too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

anthnee and evelyn want x factor as number 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

If Anthony on Liveline turns out to be a plant by the bandits, then they are genius(es). A masterstroke....

I wonder what real skangers think of the bandits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

All I'm saying, and I may be right and I may be wrong, is that Raiser hasn't been seen since the song went online, I reckon he's Anthony but he could easily be one of the Bandits.

It all makes sense now, he was gathering info for songs all the time, genius, kid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

All I'm saying, and I may be right and I may be wrong, is that Raiser hasn't been seen since the song went online, I reckon he's Anthony but he could easily be one of the Bandits.

It all makes sense now, he was gathering info for songs all the time, genius, kid!

Have not seen Raiser post since he (and myself) got on an infraction for cracking a light hearted non-offensive joke or comment on a thread earlier in the month.

Hi last post was around the time of the infraction,Maybe he got sick of this place as he has not been seen posting since.......although he was online last night.

The Anthony that rang up complained about the Video sounded very similar to a voice of a fella on a windup done on Corks Big Breakfast with
    Mick Mulcahy, where some student had walked out of a shop and forgot to pay for a sandwhich, and Mick pretended to be a little old lady that ran the shop.

I actually quite liked the niteclub remix of the song. Waiting until tomorrow to download things from itunes
    as I think thats the date where the downloads count for the xmas run up.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Ceilteach

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    I doubt that. Rubberbandits had the song recorded months ago, before they were ever on republic of telly. They've been doing it live for ages too.

So what? They have recorded the song months ago and i know they've been doing it live for a long time but so what? That doesn't preclude them from stitching up Liveline (with or without JD's knowledge) with bogus guests. Do you honesly think WO'D has never heard of Evelyn Burke? It'd be just like WO'D to cash in on some popularity points too.
    I simply refuse to believe there are people out there as easily outraged and as entertainingly, stupidly indignant as the Anthony guy on that show.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I simply refuse to believe there are people out there as easily outraged and as entertainingly, stupidly indignant as the Anthony guy on that show.

You obviously don't listen to Liveline very often...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

So what? They have recorded the song months ago and i know they've been doing it live for a long time but so what? That doesn't preclude them from stitching up Liveline (with or without JD's knowledge) with bogus guests. Do you honesly think WO'D has never heard of Evelyn Burke? It'd be just like WO'D to cash in on some popularity points too.

There are most definitely people as easily outraged and stupidly indignant as that fella. Sure isn't Joe Duffys show mainly fuelled by people like him on a day to day basis

"It's a conspiracy Joe!!!!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah...are you outraged?"

"I'm beside myself Joe!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

To be honest Evelyn Burke was as bad as Anthony!!
    " the children i deal with certainly don't find it funny?"
    I would say if she did a quick poll with these children she alledgedly deals with, 9 out of 10 would find it hilarious!!

Advertisement