Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubberbandits Guide to Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Ceilteach wrote: »
    So what? They have recorded the song months ago and i know they've been doing it live for a long time but so what? That doesn't preclude them from stitching up Liveline (with or without JD's knowledge) with bogus guests. Do you honesly think WO'D has never heard of Evelyn Burke? It'd be just like WO'D to cash in on some popularity points too.
    I simply refuse to believe there are people out there as easily outraged and as entertainingly, stupidly indignant as the Anthony guy on that show.

I was referring to the part in bold where it said republic of telly own the rights to the song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They just posted a pic on facebook, not sure if the daily mail unmasked them or if it was a decoy/??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Link to the facebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

They just posted a pic on facebook, not sure if the daily mail unmasked them or if it was a decoy/??

The Daily Mail really are miserable bastards, aren't they?

The Daily Mail really are miserable bastards, aren't they?
    shockin stuff if it's true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

The Leader has a story saying they are due on the Late Late show Friday night.

~B

bullets wrote: »
    The Leader has a story saying they are due on the Late Late show Friday night.

~B
    The DLB will surely think it's a load of nonsense?

vkid wrote: »
    ah it's just getting silly now....anyone going to the gig tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Im a rubber bandit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

163645_1766120394300_1277863976_2027469_2111452_n.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

RonMexico wrote: »
    "It's a conspiracy Joe!!!!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah...are you outraged?"

"I'm beside myself Joe!"

"It's makin' a Holy show a' Limerick, Joe!"

"And are you from Limerick?"

"Eh no, I'm from Roscommon"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

2058595 views now. Well done Rubberbandits

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

zuroph wrote: »
    Im a rubber bandit.

I'm a rubber bandit, and so is my wife!

Somebody earlier in one of the threads mentioned in a sarky tone that the rubberbandits are no "goldie lookin chain"....

I went to the gig last night, and the bandits blow the welsh lads of the f**in stage. A step up in class by a long shot.

It was one of the funniest nights of the year....I hope they stick it out and don't fade away in all this publicity!!

L.T.P. wrote: »
    All they do is glorify scum and their culture. surprising given that they are from North Circular/Ennis Road area.
    Hi Anthony!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

seachto7 wrote: »
    If Anthony on Liveline turns out to be a plant by the bandits, then they are genius(es). A masterstroke....

I wonder what real skangers think of the bandits?
    I doubt very much that Anthony was a plant. Unfortunately, I know far too many people like Anthony up and down the country who complains about everything and blame everybody else for their problems or assumed problems. They make a habit of always complaining and getting their nose in everything that appear negative or in their sense not appropriate and interfering in the private lives of others like many powerful groups/government have done in the past.

I suspect Anthony is very insecure in himself and was abused in the past probably verbally or heckled too often by others (even non-thugs) or even robbed by the thugs in the City, therefore his mind is shackled with (pardon the pun) Donkey/Horse blinkers that prevent him from seeing the irony and sarcasm in the comical video that makes fun of the intelligence of these thugs. They take things out of contexts get easily offended by their incorrect interpretation of it and wrongly attack it.

No matter who bad these thugs are, it is people like Anthony who make it far worst for the Normal people who every day go out an live their lives through the difficult situations and problems that present themselves. Not only have Normal people have to deal with Thugs, but they have to deal with people like Anthony in work or at home who never shuts up and always making a big deal out of little things winding them up to be big things or Take things out of Contexts or wrongly assume it an insult and easily become defensive and moan, complain or verbally attack. I wish I could charge in the Courts people like Anthony who constantly harass my ears with unwanted comments about nothing or things that do not matter. Life is bad enough with the Thugs... At least with Thugs there is peace and quite at times, they usually wear them selves out or pass out with Alcohol and Drugs, people like Anthony are like Energizers bunnies, they never shut up and never get prosecuted in Courts.. :mad:
    To call Anthony a concern Citizen as mentioned in the Irish Times is wrong. People Like him constantly abuse my ears. While comedy is a way to release built up tensions and anger, people like Anthony will never see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Hi Anthony!

Hi Ash,

No my name is Stephen, of the forward variety, pleased to meet you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

3 Yort
    Male or female ejaculate. Jism. Sperm or vaginal secretions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Im a bandit, i dont wear rubbers...now i have 13 children =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

shtory with the race for no. 1??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Parsley wrote: »
    shtory with the race for no. 1??

go out and buy more copies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Rubberbandits Interview with Matt Cooper 20/12/2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf9E-FNaKzc

Rubberbandits Newswhip.ie Interview 15/12/2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1eJRGdSeQM

Rubberbandits Interview with Ian Dempsey 21/12/2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UngddUIDc6w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

The Rubberbandits Talk to Hector on 2fm 14/12/2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcE4X3wwO3g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Already got their ep from iTunes but wanted to buy the physical cd too.
    all sold out in Town when I was in earlier and all sold out in the crescent.

A good sign maybe, lad in hmv said something about it being hard for them to get them in due to a distributer, or lack of a distributor for the rubberbandits.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

They are having supply issues for the physical cd. It would be a damn shame if this prevents them from getting to number 1. On their facebook page they said that another 25,000 copies are being delivered to stores around the country tomorrow.

• Advertisement

RonMexico wrote: »
    They are having supply issues for the physical cd. It would be a damn shame if this prevents them from getting to number 1. On their facebook page they said that another 25,000 copies are being delivered to stores around the country tomorrow.
    yes that is where Cowell has the advantage.....would be sad to see the lads lose out to the corporate machine....a valient effort. (i got my EP today) will get some copies tomorrow for presents.

Advertisement