Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaging winds Thursday 13:00 onward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Finner Camp highest gust of 70knot on 3pm met reports:

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

70 at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

dicknorris wrote: »
    I'm flying out of Knock Airport at 5.15pm I hope, could'nt miss Cheltenham races !!!

Met Eireann have EIKN 36 Gusting 56kt at 15:00!

But all flights in so far today.

METAR EIKN 111500Z 26035G48KT 7000 -SHRA SCT012 BKN023CB BKN030 09/05 Q0971 NOSIG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Finner now that far away.. 70knts... M4 buoy off the coast highest gusts all day so far.... and it looks to have died off here... strange ... is this just a lull i am getting:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Not much to write home about here in Dublin yet ( i know it's not the centre of the universe before you all start but it just happens to be where I live, sorry) Glad the west got something but I'm feeling a bit left out TBH, is it going to pick up a bit IYO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Here are the ASCAT winds, measured by satellite, at 11:44 today, showing 50kts or more to the west.
    WMBds132.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

irish1967 wrote: »
    Finner now that far away.. 70knts... M4 buoy off the coast highest gusts all day so far.... and it looks to have died off here... strange ... is this just a lull i am getting:confused:

12z HIRLAM still has strong winds off the Donegal coast right up till evening

Wind forecast for 18:00utc (24 Ms = beufort Force 9)

134515.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Well, interesting journey.

Seen a couple of trees down, an Eircom line down and most interestingly two of those orange message signs typically used to warn of roadworks and events had capsized. Both had the wheels removed to prevent theft.

Also a shower just now has brought a decent flash of lightening and a good clap of thunder.

Apart from that most of the wind seems to have died down and its no more than a typical wet and windy day here in West Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

only if it was close to 0 degrees! ohh i would've loved to see them flakes fly aggressively in them hard winds!

anyways the winds here in roscommon are very gusty all day and i can still hear the wind singing a song to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Huge waves near Kilkee at the moment, spectacular sight.

12Z GFS downgrades wind along the east coast this evening. Still staying windy up in the northwest though for another 6 hours or so.

• Advertisement

Gusting up to 50mph here again along as a shower passes through yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

first light flicker of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Very worrying in Donegal now, power flickering on and off and wind is showing no signs of weakening, actually intensifying.

Is the Low dropping south over Scotland? That might give the NW coast another little blast. Some charts have it centered over central Scotland later

bohsboy wrote: »
    Very worrying in Donegal now, power flickering on and off and wind is showing no signs of weakening, actually intensifying.

Where in the county are ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Where in the county are ye?

Same as yourself. Pretty dark now and very bad would you agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

12Z GFS downgrades wind along the east coast this evening. Still staying windy up in the northwest though for another 6 hours or so.

:mad: Dislike

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Very heavy rain battering against my study window here in the gusty wind. Although the wind isn't too bad actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

bohsboy wrote: »
    Same as yourself. Pretty dark now and very bad would you agree?

nah

getting dark maybe

still gusting but not as intense (unless your up a mountain somewhere)

Back up to 26mph mean here now and gusting on average around 45mph WSW

Edit: frequently gusting over 50 mph now. Gone a bit wild!!!

• Advertisement

Gotten dark yeah.. maybe the wind has changed direction slightly in the last while and the hill near me is sheltering me. No lights flickering just yet here up on the hill:(

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

The gust appear to be stronger now than at any other time of the day. I'm in Donegal. No sign of any let up yet.

Gotten dark yeah.. maybe the wind has changed direction slightly in the last while and the hill near me is sheltering me. No lights flickering just yet here up on the hill:(

Yeah sounds like local topography coming into play as the wind direction shifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

irishgeo wrote: »
    its days like this i miss living on achill island.

the swell should be massive as well.

Ah now, its not all fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

kippy wrote: »
    Ah now, its not all fun!

true, its pretty boring when the lights go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

irishgeo wrote: »
    true, its pretty boring when the lights go out.

Thats for sure.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

K4 weather buoy 15.00 report - Westerly 40kts, gusting 62. Max wave height 11.1m. 965 and Rising

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/buoy/index.shtml?co_k4buoy#results

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

I am in Carndonagh in Inishowen,Donegal and its fairly blustery(is that the word) but it seems to be tapering off. Should be well eased off by 7:30 or at least i hope so.... i've got to go to football(outdoor) then.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Finner Camp highest gust of 70knot on 3pm met reports:

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

http://www.irelandsweather.com/
    Finner camp 129kmph gusts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Tbh this is very boring weather, BRING ON THE SNOW

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement